Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the sqaud is woefully unbalced still mate, for my money i go with three midfielders, two central, one 6 - Allan, one attacking - Rodriguiz, and a right sided, either Sarr or Everton.

Do that i think we help every other line. Think we need outs though to.
I agree with you there kid.

Anyone actually watched Longstaff, hes played 9 PL games and Ac Milan are interested in him. Might be a good player.
Could be a spreadsheet signing.

If an English club signs him, it will go to tribunal and you risk paying a few millions for him. While Milan, Schalke, Rangers etc. can sign him for peanuts.

Probably a Championship level player today, but not many Championship clubs can spend that kind of money on a young player. They also will have to wait months before they know the actual cost.

While international clubs can sign him, have a look at him and most likely sell for profit regardless of how he does.

I thought Sean was excellent when he first broke into the team - hence Man Utd enquiring about him. Was a patchy season for him this year.
The Newcastle fans I’ve spoken to think Matty is slightly the better prospect.
On a free, as long as we bring in a proven quality midfielder as well, it’s a yes from me.

Ive heard people say Matty is the better prospect all right, haven't seen much of him beyond match of the day. Hes linked to every club in the PL and a lo tin Europe, think its a subjective enough link though. Youd wonder are clubs interested due to the deal or the player.

Anyone actually watched Longstaff, hes played 9 PL games and Ac Milan are interested in him. Might be a good player.

I worked with his Uncle, bear with me, said before he came on scene vs United that he was better than elder one, Shaun. No reason to doubt him. Bit short and nothing fancy about him but I'd say offers more tenacity than Davies, in fact all midfield. Free signing, nothing to lose and have resale potential.

I worked with his Uncle, bear with me, said before he came on scene vs United that he was better than elder one, Shaun. No reason to doubt him. Bit short and nothing fancy about him but I'd say offers more tenacity than Davies, in fact all midfield. Free signing, nothing to lose and have resale potential.

Good stuff mate, i actually thought Sean looked a really, really good player last year, though i haven't watched a lot of Newcastle this year. If Matty is better, for the context of the deal, you wouldn't turn your nose up at it.

I think the way Brands looks as signings in as investments, assets that can appreciate.

Everyone was fawning over La Masia when it churned out Xavi Iniesta Messi Busquets. Who has it produced since? Maybe Sergi Roberto the utility right back midfielder is the only one who has nailed down a place in the Barca 11.

United’s fabled academy barely produced anyone in between the class of 92 and now Rashford and Greenwood.

Sometimes philosophy is a load of rubbish. Only generational talents come through and they always do come through. We haven’t missed out on Rooney or Barkley because of the formations we play in our academy. Equally for all the structure in La Masia they haven’t produced players anywhere near that golden generation.

People just like to bash Everton for absolutely anything but there’s a lot wrong with Everton to rightly criticise before the academy.
Adama Traore, Mauro Icardi, Thiago, Jordi Alba, Ansu Fati, Pique, Onana, Riqui Puig, Dani Olmo, Cucurella, Grimaldo, Marc Bartra. La Masia has still produced a ridiculous amount of players since.

I’m basing it off from what I’ve seen mate, Just like everyone else does.
It’s my opinion I may be wrong in the long run but I’m pretty sure i won’t be. We are trying to compete for honours right? Well this is not a player who will help you achieve it, doesn’t matter if he 20 and free imo.

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong or anything, I know very little about the player myself because it's impossible to know much about him as he has only played a minimal amount of games which is kind of the point.

I would assume you have seen us against us and possibly a game here or there when Newcastle have been on telly? You can pick any player and think they are crap based off a small amount of games.

All clubs should be trying to compete for honours of course but I think it also needs remembering that good players can come from anywhere. What I would say is that if this is indeed a proper transfer rumour and our management team want him then you would hope they have seen something in the player that we have not seen because we have not had the opportunity to see him that much.

Reactions: JLW
Zaha & Docoure?

Alex Iwobi is a cautionary tale of when you have gone to far down your list and time to head for lunch.

Was thinking Doucoure specifically and Silva's recent comments about the window not delivering what he/we needed.

Based on Silva's comments at the time of the signing (spoke of how Iwobi didn't score enough goals), I don't think he really wanted Iwobi...

Iwobi makes me worry about Brands. Terrible, terrible panic buy transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.