Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are seriously overrating Michael Keane. He’s ok deep lying and when he doesn’t have any responsibility on the ball. In any other scenario he’s absolutely terrible. He’s got no pace, turns slowly, is ponderous, terrible on the ball, and frequently misjudges long balls if he plays a high line. A few games of doing the bare minimum expected of a premier league standard centreback and people are raving about him. He cost 30 million! Stones, Holgate, Lescott could all bring the ball out of defence and play off either foot brilliantly yet Michael Keane is getting praise for heading some crosses away and not getting injured. Amazing.
Don't think anyone is raving about Keane. All the things you say about him are true. Mina hasn't done much and always seems injury prone. So it's personal choice who you would want to go. I'm.not really bothered which one it is

It's a very close call and personal choice. Don't think there is much between them. Mina has had a season disrupted by injuries so not played much. Keane is very limited with no pace. But he did play well in the lockdown games. For me if we have to lose one it's Mina for others Keane. I wouldn't.be bothered either way which tells you that I haven't been impressed much by either player
Keane older though with shorter contract and can't play a high line. A fit Mina I think would be amazing next to a Gabriel type.

People are seriously overrating Michael Keane. He’s ok deep lying and when he doesn’t have any responsibility on the ball. In any other scenario he’s absolutely terrible. He’s got no pace, turns slowly, is ponderous, terrible on the ball, and frequently misjudges long balls if he plays a high line. A few games of doing the bare minimum expected of a premier league standard centreback and people are raving about him. He cost 30 million! Stones, Holgate, Lescott could all bring the ball out of defence and play off either foot brilliantly yet Michael Keane is getting praise for heading some crosses away and not getting injured. Amazing.

Keane is not terrible on the ball at all, it's actually one of his strengths! He very rarely gives the ball away and never gets caught dallying around etc. He is a decent enough "footballer".

His biggest issue is his defensive awareness for me. Can get caught flat footed too often when defending.

Keane older though with shorter contract and can't play a high line. A fit Mina I think would be amazing next to a Gabriel type.
Yeah never thought of his age and contract. If mina stays and we get Gabriel I'd start with holgate and Gabriel. It's up to Mina then to grab his chance if and when 1 of them has a poor run of form or is injured. We need competition like that. Branthwaite looks like he could be a player if we can sort the defence out quick we can concentrate on the main area of concern which is the midfield. We could do with a whole new midfield.but at.least 2 should be brought in

I wouldn’t want to sell Keane really based on recent form but he’s more limited than Mina, if I had to sell one of the two it’d be Keane. If someone offered us £20m for Keane I think I’d take it.

We could also sign Gabriel, sell none of them and just loan out Branthwaite and Gibson for a season to get them playing regular football at a decent level
This right here. You’re all just assuming Gabriel will immediately become first choice, which strikes me as odd considering he’s only 22 and has limited experience playing at a high level. Who knows how ready he would be. Keep Mina and Keane and let them all compete for minutes.

I don't think any of the CBs are that bad. Considering they have played the majority of their time here with a clown behind them and nothing in front of them, I think they have performed admirably.

Marcel and Carlo obviously see something special in Gabriel that they deem worthy of bringing him in when it's a position we are relatively strong in. Given the emergence of Holgate and Branthwaite, if we sign Gabriel it would simply make sense to cash in on either 1 of Keane or Mina. In the long run, whoever stays wouldn't be 1st choice anyway.

Tbf I'm an awful judge of players. Love mina and Moise Kean. That's it.
Football is all about opinions. Everyone has their favourite players and also the ones you don't like. For me I haven't seen enough of mina and Kean to.judge yet.
Both are good players
Would give Kean more time. He has all the attributes pace and power. Still a young lad who could be brilliant for us

This right here. You’re all just assuming Gabriel will immediately become first choice, which strikes me as odd considering he’s only 22 and has limited experience playing at a high level. Who knows how ready he would be. Keep Mina and Keane and let them all compete for minutes.
You could be right. I'd like to keep branthwaite in the squad too. Don't know much about the Gibson lad who went on loan to Fleetwood. Not heard much about the young Barca lad lately todiba we were linked with either

Both need to sell, Lille because they are broke, and Napoli need to sell now because they bought Osimen. Allan will be sold and we will probably outbid ourselves and pay 10 million too much.
Allan was first rumoured to be worth at around 25 mil, but I just know that if we do sign him, it'll be around 40 mil

Status
Not open for further replies.