Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones is better than he was when he left us, £40m for him would be good business tbh
Sorry but that's a real bad shout. He's been found wanting at Man City because he simply cabt defend. Why would we want that back? At least Keane can pass and defend (although deeply) but recruiting Stones again (near enough for what we paid him for) would be ludicrous. Why weaken our already fragile defence? Stones simply has no strength in his tackle and was bought mainly for his passing ability from a defensive position.

It’s mad ain’t it? I know under Martinez our defending was absolutely shocking but we played some great attacking football under him, probably the best I’ve seen supporting this club.

Compare that type of play to the complete and utter dross this current crop are churning out, it’s depressing.
We did for the first 14 months or so. Then Martinez got his way and we had possession and did absolutely sod all with it.

Honestly, I don't get why we didn't set ourselves up to be SUPER counter attacking. That would have been a great setup for that group of players. Besides, you know, Martinez not caring one bit about defending.

Why would you assume palace would want iwobi to replace zaha when hes been totally ineffective as a wide player for us ?

Well they wanted Tosun...

As I said different aspirations- we would take half of Barca's cast offs and see them as good enough for our level.

Status
Not open for further replies.