Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree to disagree, I can think of loads of points he won us almost by himself. Considering he had Davies and Siggurdson next to him who do you think made that midfield tick the limited amount it did that season?

How can you say he kept us up when we finished about 20 points clear of relegation? Without contributing a single goal or assist since mid-December? And the midfield didn’t tick, we played horrendous football with and without Rooney in it.

I’m defending the man who bough Richarlison and Digne. The profits on sale of either of these would cover Delph and Iwobi’s fees combined easily.
Which is fine, if his only job is to make money. But the OP is right, so far under Brands our sporting achievements have been lower than under Steve Walsh. Early days, but this year is a big year for Marcel.

Reading again Carlo wants a left footer on the right. Surely that rules out most of the names linked or mentioned like Zaha, Lozano, Buena, Cantwell, Sarr etc. Only James Rodriquez it seems would fit the bill if we can afford him. To be honest not many left footers spring to mind (Brooks maybe).

...but surely it’s a bit pointless swapping one ineffective player for another. Also, we’re a mid-table team too.

Come on Eggs Zaha is miles better than Iwobi kin im better than Iwobi!

Also we are but our aspirations are to be a top team - new £500 million stadium on the horizon, Usmanov in the background throwing money at us

Palace on the otherhand lets face it are a smaller London outfit happy to stay up every season - Iwobi would be fine for them whereas for us we want an upgrade to move us further.

Thats conjuncture; we’re struggling financially and you don’t improve that by making it worse

Difference between struggling financially and needing to avert FFP.

I've said for a while we have many club accountants on here and twitter yet no one saw the £30 million naming rights deal coming at the AGM.

If the club want a player im not particulary fussed how they go about getting them.

Stones is better than he was when he left us, £40m for him would be good business tbh
He’s still not a particularly good defender .
There’s a reason City have given up on him.
Plus he couldn’t wait to get out the last time he was here so I doubt he wants to return.

Stones is better than he was when he left us, £40m for him would be good business tbh
Well I can't see any of the other Champions League sides going for him, maybe Arsenal and possibly Leicester. Other sides who could afford him are few and far between so he becomes a possible realistic target. Would our Italian overlord fancy him though?

Come on Eggs Zaha is miles better than Iwobi kin im better than Iwobi!

Also we are but our aspirations are to be a top team - new £500 million stadium on the horizon, Usmanov in the background throwing money at us

Palace on the otherhand lets face it are a smaller London outfit happy to stay up every season - Iwobi would be fine for them whereas for us we want an upgrade to move us further.
Why would you assume palace would want iwobi to replace zaha when hes been totally ineffective as a wide player for us ?

Status
Not open for further replies.