Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

The club needs a statement signing asap.

Ideally a leader in the Kompany mold, who will pull this team into shape.

Quicker it happens, the faster we can put this retched season behind us.

We'll find it hard I think. There is a big risk we'll overpay for someone who'll flatter to deceive, but I get your point.

We are not an attractive proposition, unless you factor in Carlo, and even then you wouldn't blame any player for asking hard questions about how a big improvement is coming to come about.

With players, its about as much them knowing who else is signing as well as themselves.

If we were back in 2016 and it was known we had money to throw about, we'd be in a stronger position, even off the back of a 12th place finish, but there is no indication we are going to go on a spree.

This summer could be another repeat of the sagas with Witsel, Koulibaly, and Mata. In the end none of them were convinced that we were worth signing for.

If we have been doing decent scouting work for players a little under the radar, now is the time for it to come to the fore.

Any new signing should be given a 50/50 ball in training with Dunc. Any contract offer should be subject to them not running away or crying.

Instant improvement in the squad mentality if they pass.

Why do our fans want everyone back who leaves?

Leave them in the past if you want to move forward. If you was to get anyone from that mess at Watford it'd be Sarr.
Admittedly only watched him since lockdown just the televised games,but you couldn't really describe him as dynamic.

I don't think it is a coincidence that their run of strong form coincided with him playing a lot less.
I thought he did ok for them this season. Not sure he's the answer for us but he's was much improved for them compared to his first season. I thought the upturn in results coincided with Fernandez signing.

Any new signing should be given a 50/50 ball in training with Dunc. Any contract offer should be subject to them not running away or crying.

Instant improvement in the squad mentality if they pass.

I'm sure this was a joke but I hate things like this. Bravery on the football field isn't about flying into tackles. Maybe it was 30-40 years ago.

We need players who are brave enough to stand up and show leadership when things are not going well.

We need players who'll stand up and ask for the ball when we are struggling on the pitch. Not players who hide and go into their shell when the fans get on their backs.

We need players who'll continue to express themselves when things aren't going to plan.

We need players who set the standard everyday and push others on the training ground. Players who show no let up and set the example for others to follow.

If we want people who'll go into a 50:50 with Dunc on the training ground, we'll end up with the likes of Lee Cattermole playing for us.

I thought he did ok for them this season. Not sure he's the answer for us but he's was much improved for them compared to his first season. I thought the upturn in results coincided with Fernandez signing.
It did but that was also when they benched Fred.

I don't rate Fred, his first year was disastrous so by virtue of turning into not a disaster everyone says he is improving but to improve upon absolute garbage doesn't mean he is a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.