Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a really ropey source, but oddly seems quite sure in it's language. The usual passive langauge of "monitoring" or "considering" isn't there and it seems to have much firmer language.

The lad has just turned 23 too. It's a massive step up. We are dreaming a bit here, but in my ideal where all CM's are cleared out apaert from Gomes he makes a perfect 3rd CM signing if you get your preferred 2 in. In all likelihood at least 1 stays, so he may come in alongside a Hojberg/Allan to help provide some depth, and is avaialble at a good price.
I wonder if this is our Italian link, as players like that often end up in Italy.
Maybe Carlo has some links there.

I make you right. I like Ings but with Ings I do wonder if he's this season's Callum Wilson, who's also a good player don't get me wrong, and they were talking about £50m + moves and now is being kept out of the team by a lad who's scored 2 goals in about 50 games.

Strikers go on hot streaks and Ings has had a very productive 6 months but before that he has done very little for about 5 years. We would be buying at the very top end of his value and I have my doubts he has any other levels to get too.

The obvious cavaet and it's probably an important cavaet is I'd have probably said the same about Vardy the year Koeman came here ansd we could have had him to replace Lukaku for maybe £50-60m. He'd have been a brilliant signing looking back and I see a lot of Vardy in Ings as well.

....at this point in time, I just don’t think Ings fits our team model. He’s a clever runner in behind defenders for the likes of Ward-Prowse to find from the top third, whereas we rely lots on power running forwards. We don’t play lots in the top third, other than getting behind full backs.

A player doing well in one set-up might not neccesarilly suit another.

Cicaldau has only turned 23 earlier this month. He is a good height and is a full international.
At a price it could be well worth a punt and I would imagine wages should not be massive.

This type of player normally gets snapped up by an Italian team, and then ends up being very expensive so I hope it goes through as it seems worth the risk

Oh I'm not.

He was totally unsuited to this league.

Lovely fella tho.
When signing players you generally looking for pace , strength and height. It is probably the most demanding physically of all leagues.
We can see with Bernard what a good footballer he is but it is like watching a talented fourteen year old playing adult football... at the moment. If he had a dominant midfield behind him winning the ball and able to deliver decent service to him then maybe he could do a lot better.

When signing players you generally looking for pace , strength and height. It is probably the most demanding physically of all leagues.
We can see with Bernard what a good footballer he is but it is like watching a talented fourteen year old playing adult football... at the moment. If he had a dominant midfield behind him winning the ball and able to deliver decent service to him then maybe he could do a lot better.

Unlike most, pace is not what I'm looking for in the middle.

Cicaldau has only turned 23 earlier this month. He is a good height and is a full international.
At a price it could be well worth a punt and I would imagine wages should not be massive.

....he’s 5ft 8in. He won’t get in a basketball team but I suppose he’s a bit taller than Bernard.

....wiki says 1.78m (5ft 10in) but I think 1.78m is 5ft 8in. Transfermarket says 1.78m. He doesn’t look 5ft 10in on the clips, but I could be wrong.
1.78m is 5'10". It is 5.84 feet which is where the 5'8" thing might have come from but 0.84 x 12 (inches in a foot) = 10.

Agree with all this. We need pace, strength and height throughout the team especially midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.