Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I saw either 12th or 19th Sept as the likely start dates.

Looks like back to the old system of closing 2 or 3 weeks into the season. I'm not a fan personally.

Neither am I.

But the club's voted to change the window again last season.

I understand the theory of closing the window before the season kicks off.

But while the rest of the European leagues still had their window until the end of August it was a massive disadvantage to premier league clubs.

If Barca or Madrid come calling for your star player then you either have to let him go with no chance of replacing him or keep him while his head isnt in it.

I understand the theory of closing the window before the season kicks off.

But while the rest of the European leagues still had their window until the end of August it was a massive disadvantage to premier league clubs.

If Barca or Madrid come calling for your star player then you either have to let him go with no chance of replacing him or keep him while his head isnt in it.

But the flip side is that you'd sell him for a ridiculous fee so they'd have to do their business before the window shut to keep it reasonable.

It's no real difference if a player goes right at the last day of the window in my view.

Additionally, it didn't really cause that much upset last time.

But the flip side is that you'd sell him for a ridiculous fee so they'd have to do their business before the window shut to keep it reasonable.

It's no real difference if a player goes right at the last day of the window in my view.

Additionally, it didn't really cause that much upset last time.

Well generally clubs will just flat out refuse to sell after the prem deadline is closed.

But i think the Liverpool situation with Coutinho was partly because of the different deadlines.

They had to pretend he was injured for the start of the season, and then sold him in January anyway because his head wasnt in it. If the window had still been open for prem clubs they might have allowed him to go in August knowing they could bring a replacement in.

I hope he hasn't been poached.
I dont want to speculate or anything but I saw @Eggs breaking Quarantine getting a nice jog on in some red attire. It could be a local unis colors or it could be.... well.... im not going there. We should check the RS forums:rolleyes:

if we're haggling over the 20 or so million Euros for Gabriel i can't imagine our second option would be to spend 30 million quid on a bang average defender about to be relegated. That said this is Everton so anything is possible.
I'm still of the opinion that we don't need to splash cash on the defense, not unless we are sticking 2 fingers up at FFP and buying in several positions. Keane and Holgate have been ok under Carlo. Having a midfield in front of them that offers some sort of protection, that can do more than give the ball away, pass it out of touch or point aimlessly would help them out. the last 3 games it's been all one way traffic at them - it's a wonder they haven't conceded more. Our midfield is a mishmash of other managers ideas and it's got to the point now where we almost need to rip the whole thing up and start again. Martinez basically did that his first season. He got Barry, McCarthy and promoted Barkley to the first team squad... we need a similar overhaul but to suit Carlo's needs cause this current midfield is absolutely shocking.
Gomes was bought to play in a 3 with someone like Gana next to him. I'd love to keep him but he wouldn't be starting games in this current set up. Not unless we can find the right partner for him.
Gbamin has been incredibly unlucky with injuries (probably part of the fine print on the RS's contract with the devil - it's no coincidence the year they walk the league is the year the world falls apart. Lucifer was always getting something outta the deal). My concern with Gbamin is he was never a direct replacement for Gana and he was again bought to play in a 3 man midfield. He may well be brilliant and he'll get his chance should his legs stop falling off but given the last year we won't ever feel we can rely on him.
Gylfi - Take all that Megafone and Cazzo money, build a rocket ship and fire him into the sun. I've never seen such a dramatic decline both in ability and attitude.
Delph - maybe put a second seat on Gylfi's rocket. The only thing he's done since he's been here is keep Gbamin company in sick bay. Supposedly this leader of men type. One of Peps generals. Happy to take one last big pay pack on the back of a series of medals he won thanks to the hard work and talent of others. But it's cool though cause in that documentary that time he said some pretty cool soundbites.
And finally Tom Davies. I love what Tom represents and I've wanted nothing more than for him to be great, in the same way i wanted Ross to be a success for us and in the same way when Rooney came back i wanted that to work out because we all want the local lad, the boyhood blue to lead us to glory. sadly Tom isn't going to be that player for us. at 22 and 100 appearances we should at least have an idea of what his strengths are but we don't. We now know all his weaknesses though. He can't really pass, he can't get from box to box, he doesn't score goals, he doesn't tackle, he's not quick and he doesn't compliment whoever he's playing alongside. Loan him him out, maybe that will help but 4 managers (6 if you include Big Dunc and Unsworth) have worked with him and he's still playing like that 17 year old making his debut.
Walcott - see Delph.
Bernard - what happened?? looked every bit the the little magician we've lacked. Just doesn't look up to the task and as one of our top earners and free transfer he'd be one of the obvious ones to make way.
Iwobi - *puts head in hands* how do you go from "Everton have bid for Zaha" to "Everton sign Iwobi"? He's a perfect example why these states and stuff are misleading. Iwobi's states at Arsenal and his XG would suggest he was a smart bit of business BUT our eyes would say he's god awful and again was bought for a system that Carlo isn't using going forward.

Imagine Brands hadn't of let Silva down/Gbamin didnt . We would have had pace and power. How far away we are now from this. Best of all we might have sold Siggy for £20m+ that summer and we wouldn't have Iwobi. I thought Walcott was bad until I watch that lad!

Pickford

Coleman Mina Zouma Digne

Doucoure Gomes Gbamin

Zaha DCL Richarlison

Imagine Brands hadn't of let Silva down/Gbamin didnt . We would have had pace and power. How far away we are now from this. Best of all we might have sold Siggy for £20m+ that summer and we wouldn't have Iwobi. I thought Walcott was bad until I watch that lad!

Pickford

Coleman Mina Zouma Digne

Doucoure Gomes Gbamin

Zaha DCL Richarlison

that team is turd, would finish about 9th

12 days everyone get the rubber sheets out

Save your sheets him/her/them/us with the new Hummel Bedsaver.

Face mask useable in shops during Covid-19.

Superimposed1594814640954.jpg
(socks not available until Bramley Moore collapses)

Status
Not open for further replies.