Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was born in 97. I’ve never seen the club win a thing. That being said I don’t necessarily think that we have some Devine right to be one of the best teams around, no one does. People see Man City and might be jealous and that’s fine, we probably missed the boat on being a team like that now with FFP.

However, seeing teams like Spurs who were a worse team than us not too long ago be far better than us now, teams like Leicester, Wolves and Sheffield United who’ve spent more time in the Championship than the Premier League since we’ve last won a trophy, come up and have huge success and cement themselves as European contenders.

In this time we’ve all seen quite possibly the worst Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea teams that the Premier League has seen.

Even after all this we’re still here another season finishing in the bottom half wondering when it’ll all click. Everton fans aren’t believing that there’s some right they have, it’s just they’ve seen how the league has went over the last few years and thought why couldn’t we do that. It’s a perfectly fine question. Why? We’ve got the money. We’ve got the manager. We had the players. None have come at the same time though. Imagine Ancelotti with Martinez’ squad. Martinez and his squad with Koeman’s money.

We’ve wasted so many years on nothing and now once again in the best possible position to actually make something of ourselves with Carlo we’re gonna be saddled with a summer where we can’t spend all that much money and others ahead of us will strengthen again.

There are 2 positions nailed down on the league next year. City and those lot will finish in the top 2. Everything else is up for grabs. If we could invest properly in the summer I legitimately see no reason we couldn’t challenge for top 4. If we don’t invest however I won’t rule out another relegation fight that we seem to have regularly now.

Good post mate and I agree on a lot of it; especially the chance we've missed recently to bridge the gaps.

But I can assure you there is a lot of entitlement within the fanbase.

No hunger. The only ones with hunger are youngsters like Holgate and Gordon or those with ambition like Richarlison or Digne the rest are a bunch of losers or not good enough. Not a leader amongst them. If we don't develop or buy hunger and leadership we are doomed to this perpetual mediocrity we have been in for decades.

Carlo is no mug and won’t accept players downing tools. Just hope he can move the bad eggs on and can get in the players he desperately needs to push us on.

I've read that on here every year for about five consecutive seasons, we never get anywhere close to being relegated, a lot of drama queens on here.
We will never achieve anything though winning some home games and bottling any away game. I see an Everton team that's weak and spineless and not good enough.

I’ve seen teams with far better midfields than ours get relegated so I hope to god we’re able to do some spending in the summer

It’s quite miraculous how we managed to pull ourselves away from the relegation zone to be honest. Thankfully there were 3/4 worse teams than ours. Who ironically all beat us which says it all. I fear with this same set of personnel next season we will be right back to square one. I have zero faith in any one of them apart from Richarlison and Gordon.

Status
Not open for further replies.