Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait you can't say "follow Leicester and Wolves" and then also say "spend big on proven players". Neither of them did that.
It depends what you class as 'proven' i suppose. Someone like Pereira was a Portuguese international with plenty of European experience. He wasn't proven to be top draw, but he wasn't a punt either. Same with the likes of Praet, Perez etc, and Jiminez, Jonny etc at Wolves. They were proven to an extent.

Not sure how brands is gonna tackle this transfer window, if we are looking into loans I think that new lad Barcelona signed in January who was back on loan to Braga could be a shout as he looks to be quite a direct right winger with a good left foot and doubt he will be getting any game time at Barca next season, could be as impactful as deulofeu back when he first signed on loan

And that's normal.

Same thing happens in every team in the league.

We don't do better or worse than everyone else.

Hmm. Utd seems to bring a few through ... Rashford and McTominy (sp)
Arsenal - Saka, Maitland-Niles
RS - Jones and Williams next on the conveyor (esp former) , Alexander-Arnold
City - Foden
Chelsea - Mount, James

It’s just a pity tbh because there’s nothing like seeing a home grown player make it. I suppose you could say Davies has “made it” but he’s not good enough though

It depends what you class as 'proven' i suppose. Someone like Pereira was a Portuguese international with plenty of European experience. He wasn't proven to be top draw, but he wasn't a punt either. Same with the likes of Praet, Perez etc, and Jiminez, Jonny etc at Wolves. They were proven to an extent.
Praet isn't good I don't think, Perez definitely proven so no arguments there but one of the few. Jiminez had only really done it (and even then not really) at Benfica so he was basically coming in on games for Mexico. Jonny was a top flight player but even now I wouldn't say he's key to the team.

The core of Leicester and Wolves, Vardy, Maddison, Ndidi and Jiminez, Jota, Neves, were all guys who had very limited top flight success before those clubs. Mostly that is because they were prospects when they were signed. Not understanding the importance of that part of how Wolves and Leicester have built their squads is missing the point to an extent.

Praet isn't good I don't think, Perez definitely proven so no arguments there but one of the few. Jiminez had only really done it (and even then not really) at Benfica so he was basically coming in on games for Mexico. Jonny was a top flight player but even now I wouldn't say he's key to the team.

The core of Leicester and Wolves, Vardy, Maddison, Ndidi and Jiminez, Jota, Neves, were all guys who had very limited top flight success before those clubs. Mostly that is because they were prospects when they were signed. Not understanding the importance of that part of how Wolves and Leicester have built their squads is missing the point to an extent.
We should have gone for Jiminez under Koeman we were linked with him.:rant:

In my view we can manage with our current defence crop for another year. If Ancelotti thinks Gabriel is worth pursuing, fine.

I'd rather put everything we have into midfield 2 x CM, RM, and another forward if we have resources and depending who we can flog. We must keep Richarlison and keeping Digne would negate the need to replace him, when the need is far more obvious elsewhere.

Bernard seems the obvious one to get off the wage bill, even a modest fee would represent profit and there would be takers on the continent for him I think.

We should also maximise frees and loans where possible. If we are targeting quality over quantity, then leave that to the paid transfers, and allow a small proportion of the budget to pad out the squad with an extra player or two, if required.
I can see Kean going back to Italy either sold or in part exchange

The problem we also have is we have the worst luck when it comes to new signings.

Mina gets a lot of knocks, Digne is class and was building quite the parnership with Bernard and then Bern got injured.

Gomes had some great games, best player on the park against the RS and was started to tick then had that awful injury and Carlo is now playing him every game in what should be summer and then pre season for him to re-find his form. Can't blame carlo as we have no other midfielders.

Gbamin has been destroyed twice which is crazy bad luck. He is exactly what we have missed all season.

Iwobi i still don't get as a player. Not sure on his best position, when central he seems best but incredibly frustrating.

Kean is bedding in and i have no issues with him.

Delph is just McCarthy which is stupidly annoying as he is the leader we were crying out for.

Coupled with all of the above, Silva was not a good coach, then we had Dunc who did brilliantly and now we have one of the greatest managers in football history who needs a couple of transfer windows and his own players so then we can see where we are. The players have had a tumultuous year.

We never seem to get a player who immediately kicks on and scores/assists etc like other teams do ala Wolves (Jiminez), West Ham (Payet/Arnie) but we have to be PATIENT as a fan base because things are looking more positive than ever.

There are no easy/quick fixes when you have so many wasters at the club on high wages because of idiots Walsh and Koeman and Kenright.

The problem we also have is we have the worst luck when it comes to new signings.

Mina gets a lot of knocks, Digne is class and was building quite the parnership with Bernard and then Bern got injured.

Gomes had some great games, best player on the park against the RS and was started to tick then had that awful injury and Carlo is now playing him every game in what should be summer and then pre season for him to re-find his form. Can't blame carlo as we have no other midfielders.

Gbamin has been destroyed twice which is crazy bad luck. He is exactly what we have missed all season.

Iwobi i still don't get as a player. Not sure on his best position, when central he seems best but incredibly frustrating.

Kean is bedding in and i have no issues with him.

Delph is just McCarthy which is stupidly annoying as he is the leader we were crying out for.

Coupled with all of the above, Silva was not a good coach, then we had Dunc who did brilliantly and now we have one of the greatest managers in football history who needs a couple of transfer windows and his own players so then we can see where we are. The players have had a tumultuous year.

We never seem to get a player who immediately kicks on and scores/assists etc like other teams do ala Wolves (Jiminez), West Ham (Payet/Arnie) but we have to be PATIENT as a fan base because things are looking more positive than ever.

There are no easy/quick fixes when you have so many wasters at the club on high wages because of idiots Walsh and Koeman and Kenright.
The poor signings are a real deadweight on us and most will not be sorted until the next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.