Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't necessarily need goals from Midfield although it's helps but creating chances would be a bloody good start.
Our leading assists are Digne (6)/Sidibe(4)/RICHARLISON(3)/Holgate(3)
Moise Kean(2) has the same assists as Bernard/Sigurdsson and Walcott, It's simply not good enough and it's why we aren't a European team.

...I really do think we need goals from midfield (if you count wide players as midfielders). The top teams carry goalscoring threat from more than central strikers.

...I really do think we need goals from midfield (if you count wide players as midfielders). The top teams carry goalscoring threat from more than central strikers.
Oh no question, If we're to progress we definitely need more, From the wingers and midfield, No creativity and no goal threat it's why we're 11th.

We can’t challenge The top 4 just getting 30 to 40 goals From our front 2. And nothing much elsewhere.

Unless we had an amazing defence and we’re winning a load of games 1-0.

I know he’s being played in an advanced role but you only have to look at the impact Fernandes has had on United. They are scoring goals at will now.
In contrast if you stop Richarlison and DCL we struggle to score at all.

Last edited:

...I disagree, there’s no reason why we can’t contribute a significant goal/assist return from wide areas even with two DMs. Sheedy and Steven weren’t too shabby.
You are spot on Eggs mate, our last great side played 442 but had goals from almost every player

Didnt Mountfield score sommet like 15 goals that season, without pens?
He sure did.
I maintain that the following season, we depended too much on Lineker, superb player though he was. When he was injured and still forced to play or marked really heavily there was no plan B. We lost critical points that way. In 84/85 no opposition knew where the attack was coming from.

It’s interesting the following season 85/86 only 4 players got double figures everyone said (including me) we were too reliant on Lineker’s goals and it cost us the league. But the the following season 86/87 only 4 players again reached double figures.
We had wretched luck with injuries in 86/87 and it was arguably Kendall’s finest hour, somehow winning the league, despite an unbelievable injury list. It would interesting to note the views of fans from this period. I think there was a slow decline. 84/85 produced our best football. The following year 85/86 saw a slight drop off in terms of consistency of performances. Although we won the league in 86/87, the football wasn’t as good as the previous year, probably due in part to not having a settled team due to injury.

It is rare, but I bet city are similar. That’s why they’re such a class side. They don’t just rely on Aguero for goals.
Not really, the vast majority of city's goals come from forward players. They obviously rotate a lot so the goals come from different people, but they're very much the attackers. They have 4 in double figures this season, 3 last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.