Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Chelsea apparently looking to sell 5 or 6 in the summer to fund a move for that Havertz kid, would anyone take Zouma back here and / or Loftus-Cheek in midfield?

It’s slightly different now though isn’t it. At that time pretty much everyone was playing the same formation, but they’re not now. Asking your wide players to get into the box and be extra forwards is a big call when you’re often already going to be outnumbered in midfield. If you want your midfield 2 to compete with a midfield 3 without significant help from the wide players then they need to be very very good.

....regardless of formation, I always think it’s all about what you do with the ball and what you do when the opposition has the ball.

Colin Harvey liked his two up top when in possession but liked one to drop when the opposition had the ball. Obviously, Giggs and Beckham set the standard for wide players covering the length of the pitch. It’s very hard work.

The point you make re 2 v 3 is valid, but 2 industrious wide players stretches and creates problems for the opposition.

We cant continue with a striker who can't strike a ball properly (DCL) if we want to match Carlos ambition surly?

I appreciate he has a fair few goals this season for a player of his ability, which is exactly why I think he should be sold while he is at maximum value.

Or he could be a bench player going forward.

With Chelsea apparently looking to sell 5 or 6 in the summer to fund a move for that Havertz kid, would anyone take Zouma back here and / or Loftus-Cheek in midfield?
Yes to Zouma.

Really big fan of Loftus Cheek but anyone who is injury prone needs to stay well clear of our medical team as I think the treatment center is on a native american burial ground.

We cant continue with a striker who can't strike a ball properly (DCL) if we want to match Carlos ambition surly?

I appreciate he has a fair few goals this season for a player of his ability, which is exactly why I think he should be sold while he is at maximum value.

Or he could be a bench player going forward.

We have Tom Davies in midfield, Theo Walcott is our best Right Winger, Coleman is 45 and we have 3 CBs and you want a new Striker, despite our current Strikers having 1 of the most productive partnerships in the league?

OK

We have Tom Davies in midfield, Theo Walcott is our best Right Winger, Coleman is 45 and we have 3 CBs and you want to a new Striker, despite our current Strikers having 1 of the most productive partnerships in the league?

OK
The topic was on DCL over the last couple of pages so I thought id share my opinion. No doubt though we need an actual midfield beforehand like.

No. Zouma is a good player, but I don’t think he’s as good as some make out and he’s not great on the ball.

Loftus cheek is another over hyped kid who’s had about 5 good games. Mad to think he’s 25 next January

It’s slightly different now though isn’t it. At that time pretty much everyone was playing the same formation, but they’re not now. Asking your wide players to get into the box and be extra forwards is a big call when you’re often already going to be outnumbered in midfield. If you want your midfield 2 to compete with a midfield 3 without significant help from the wide players then they need to be very very good.
That’s why for me getting 2 aggressive midfielders, is so important to play this system. I’m not that bothered if They aren’t technically brilliant, it wouid help lol. But being able To run all day And cover the ground, and bully the opposition.

Will be massive in Ancelotti’s system. And let the wide players and the full backs create for the team.

We don't necessarily need goals from Midfield although it's helps but creating chances would be a bloody good start.
Our leading assists are Digne (6)/Sidibe(4)/RICHARLISON(3)/Holgate(3)
Moise Kean(2) has the same assists as Bernard/Sigurdsson and Walcott, It's simply not good enough and it's why we aren't a European team.

Status
Not open for further replies.