Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem being since Leipzig got into top division in Germany, they get first option to Salzburg players at mates rates. It's proper fraud behaviour but nothing seems to be done about it.

Yeah agree, be good if we could get in at that stage though before players 'make it' and either cost the earth or only entertain a massive club or both.

....we need goalscoring and creative threat from wide positions. Richarlison and DCL will contribute their quota but there is no other reliable source. The other top teams offer threat from various positions rather than rely on a single prolific goalscorer.
I think it'll be difficult to add a significant number of goals from midfield if the plan is to continue with two up front, unless Ancelotti believes that he can get away with using wide forwards and leaving Gomes +1 to protect the defence.

It won't be a popular shout, but I'd take Harry Wilson from Liverpool at the right price. This team needs more technical quality, and it'd be nice to have someone who can strike a ball cleanly and shoot from distance.

I think it'll be difficult to add a significant number of goals from midfield if the plan is to continue with two up front, unless Ancelotti believes that he can get away with using wide forwards and leaving Gomes +1 to protect the defence.

It won't be a popular shout, but I'd take Harry Wilson from Liverpool at the right price. This team needs more technical quality, and it'd be nice to have someone who can strike a ball cleanly and shoot from distance.

Isn't that what we supposedly signed Gylfi for?

...I disagree, there’s no reason why we can’t contribute a significant goal/assist return from wide areas even with two DMs. Sheedy and Steven weren’t too shabby.

Saw a stat that 6 out of our 7 wins under Ancelotti have been by 1 goal margin.

Thats why we need to bolster our attacking options - all it takes is a crap ref decision, an unlucky bounce/deflection or a defender brainfart moment for the opposition to nick a goal and we drop points.
Dont disagree getting that 2 goal buffer is important but it also says something that we get these 1 goal wins and dont fold in the last 10 minutes. Different tactical coaching in that period, better defence, more confidence, all of the above, but a good sign nonetheless.

We have zero idea how good our strikers are bc we have the worst center midfield in the league. they have little support and their chances are either self created or from a cross from Digne or Coleman.
Get a decent midfield and DCL will absolutely flourish

...I disagree, there’s no reason why we can’t contribute a significant goal/assist return from wide areas even with two DMs. Sheedy and Steven weren’t too shabby.
True enough, although this has been difficult to pull off at the trophy-winning level since Mourinho popularised lone striker systems in England.

It’s slightly different now though isn’t it. At that time pretty much everyone was playing the same formation, but they’re not now. Asking your wide players to get into the box and be extra forwards is a big call when you’re often already going to be outnumbered in midfield. If you want your midfield 2 to compete with a midfield 3 without significant help from the wide players then they need to be very very good.

We have zero idea how good our strikers are bc we have the worst center midfield in the league. they have little support and their chances are either self created or from a cross from Digne or Coleman.
Get a decent midfield and DCL will absolutely flourish
Coleman? I must have missed that

Status
Not open for further replies.