Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's a budget 442 midfielder that suits Carlo's system.

He isn't on the same level of the likes of Zielinki, Allan etc. but will suit the system.

If we get him we need atleast one top drawer box to box or creative midfielder imo - you compare our midfield to those of City, Chelsea, Utd, Leicester, Wolves and to a lesser extent the RS and we are miles behind.

We need our own version of KDB, Fernandes, Neves, Maddison, Ziyech
I mean currently comparing our midfield to Palace and we are struggling.

Esk knows very little strikes me as someone who thinks his opinion carries more weight than it does. If we shift players we can bring them in.
Didn't he tweet something about being upset about not being consulted on the sacking of Silva/appointment of Ancelotti!? I used to like the fella when he posted on here but it seems like he's had some sort of breakdown.

And you know this how?

I mean, I can't say for sure it was all Brands, but I think it's strange to not give the guy in charge of identifying, scouting and signing players any credit at all.

Its obvious - I highly doubt Brands said to Silva "right Marco that lad you had at Watford who calls you his dad is top notch im gonna sign him regardless of what you think".

Even if you agree it to be a 50/50 signing its still not like Brands scouted him for us like he would have done with Digne for example.

Didn't he tweet something about being upset about not being consulted on the sacking of Silva/appointment of Ancelotti!? I used to like the fella when he posted on here but it seems like he's had some sort of breakdown.
He was really good with the financial side of it and most likely had SOME contacts when it came to Koeman being hired as I think that was done via an outside firm but he never had a single iota of a clue about the transfers. He stuck his neck out and refused to pull it back in when everything looked terrible.

He's not a wind up merchant or anything, I think from what I've heard he's a genuinely good guy but, like has been said, he thinks his opinion carries more weight than it actually does. Which is to say his opinions carries no weight at all.

....United do have genuine goalscoring threat from 4 or 5 positions now, City and the Reds have similar numbers who will contribute 10+ goals. It’s a position we need to get to.

Yep if we are insisting on playing DCL every week we need atleast 2 more goalscorers in the side from out wide / midfield alongside Richarlison.

Anyone who Brands rates Im skeptical about tbh.

Bloke wouldn't know a top player if it slapped him in the face

Delph
Kean
Lossl
Iwobi
Bernard* *alright on a free tbf
Zoooma

Need I say more

Delph - agreed - he's not worked out

Kean - kid is 19. Coming to foreign league with a team in transition and already played for 3 managers. Not ready to write him off.

Lossl - reserve keeper signed on a free. What were you hoping for there? You're going to use him as a stick to beat our DoF? Really?!

Iwobi - he's not a winger. When he's played at 10 or inside right he's looked really promising. Again, I'm not ready to write him off.

Bernard - I like him and I think we'll sell him for decent money this summer as Ancelotti doesn't seem to prefer him. But not a bad signing by any stretch.

Zouma - what on earth was wrong with him?! By all accounts a very successful loan and most were gutted when we couldn't sign him on a perm.

No DoF is going to have a 100% record in transfers. But you're scraping the barrel here to try and throw Brands under the bus. Delph I'll give you. But none of the others are failures. Not yet anyway.

Delph - agreed - he's not worked out

Kean - kid is 19. Coming to foreign league with a team in transition and already played for 3 managers. Not ready to write him off.

Lossl - reserve keeper signed on a free. What were you hoping for there? You're going to use him as a stick to beat our DoF? Really?!

Iwobi - he's not a winger. When he's played at 10 or inside right he's looked really promising. Again, I'm not ready to write him off.

Bernard - I like him and I think we'll sell him for decent money this summer as Ancelotti doesn't seem to prefer him. But not a bad signing by any stretch.

Zouma - what on earth was wrong with him?! By all accounts a very successful loan and most were gutted when we couldn't sign him on a perm.

No DoF is going to have a 100% record in transfers. But you're scraping the barrel here to try and throw Brands under the bus. Delph I'll give you. But none of the others are failures. Not yet anyway.

£200 million spent in 2 seasons - would you hand on heart say we have had value for money mate?

Its obvious - I highly doubt Brands said to Silva "right Marco that lad you had at Watford who calls you his dad is top notch im gonna sign him regardless of what you think".

Even if you agree it to be a 50/50 signing its still not like Brands scouted him for us like he would have done with Digne for example.

He wanted to bring Richy to PSV so there’s that

£200 million spent in 2 seasons - would you hand on heart say we have had value for money mate?

Far more than we did in the previous 2, that's for sure.

Digne, Bernard, Richarlison will all go for big profits. Maybe mina too, who has looked better and better as he's settled more. Gomes a success too.

You surely have to admit that our squad is stronger now than when brands arrived.

£200 million spent in 2 seasons - would you hand on heart say we have had
Anyone who Brands rates Im skeptical about tbh.

Bloke wouldn't know a top player if it slapped him in the face

Delph
Kean
Lossl
Iwobi
Bernard* *alright on a free tbf
Zoooma

Need I say more
some of these players have been good.

some of them still might come good.

also you appear to have left out all his good signings.

Also his policy of making space for youth players has had positive effects.

I appreciate your stance of being on the fence, but maybe a balanced argument is better when assessing how good/bad a director of football is?

Status
Not open for further replies.