Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you shouldn’t buy players on the basis of making a profit.
Yes if you buy a young player and he becomes a great player a few years later. And either wants to join a club challenging or we get an offer we can’t refuse that’s different. Like Lukaku. Stones and probably Richarlison in a couple of years.

I don’t know a lot about either player, only what I’ve read about them. And Allan seems the more aggressive, which is what we need. And Rabiot is similar to Gomes. Technically great but not a great defensive player or the type of player who will run through a brick wall.

And with huge issues thrown in. If him or His mum spit their dummy’s out after a year. We won’t be making a profit on him. Most likely a loss.

To play 442 we need A aggressive hard working Midfield, so that is more Allan for me. signing younger players, because they may have a sell on value is not a recipe for success.

Rabiot could be world class and was under Ancelotti before. However, like you say its a risk due to his mother and possibly him as well (though he is supposed to have a good character).

Hes similar to Gomes in terms of build and passing but he can also be a beast in a tackle and can bring the ball forward pretty quickly.

If it worked out then we could have the best DM in the league but who knows...

Allan is top notch in italy and has everything you would want in a DM. The only snag i can see is his age not only in terms of resale but what if he doesnt adjust to the league?

We would have a 30 year old on big wages and could take a big loss on him.

If we signed either you just have to look at them being an Ancelotti signing and he knows both players and both leagues.

If we had both playing well then the centre mid would be very, very hard for opposition teams to get through.

Who does Napoli's owner think he is? No CL revenue next season, COVID crisis and hes knocking back €30 million bids for a 29 year old who is out of the managers plans.

Simple pull away from negotiations and watch them come crawling back towards the TW deadline day willing to take whatever.
Yes he’s mental by sounds of things. It looks like they want about 200mil for Koulibaly, Allan and Ruiz. Be lucky to get 120mil now. Ruiz is different as he’s about 25 I think.

But the longer they keep Allan & Koulibaly their prices will drop.
Is Allan injuried? He’s wasn’t even on he bench last night

Who does Napoli's owner think he is? No CL revenue next season, COVID crisis and hes knocking back €30 million bids for a 29 year old who is out of the managers plans.

Simple pull away from negotiations and watch them come crawling back towards the TW deadline day willing to take whatever.

If true hes someone who knows his former manager wants one of their former players and so will drive a hard bargain. The owner there is known for being a bit of a Daniel Levy

Yes he’s mental by sounds of things. It looks like they want about 200mil for Koulibaly, Allan and Ruiz. Be lucky to get 120mil now. Ruiz is different as he’s about 25 I think.

But the longer they keep Allan & Koulibaly their prices will drop.
Is Allan injuried? He’s wasn’t even on he bench last night

Gattuso dropped allan from the squad soon after taking over.

I suspect this will be the plan. Probably with a fair few deals do be honest.

Rabiot could be world class and was under Ancelotti before. However, like you say its a risk due to his mother and possibly him as well (though he is supposed to have a good character).

Hes similar to Gomes in terms of build and passing but he can also be a beast in a tackle and can bring the ball forward pretty quickly.

If it worked out then we could have the best DM in the league but who knows...

Allan is top notch in italy and has everything you would want in a DM. The only snag i can see is his age not only in terms of resale but what if he doesnt adjust to the league?

We would have a 30 year old on big wages and could take a big loss on him.

If we signed either you just have to look at them being an Ancelotti signing and he knows both players and both leagues.

If we had both playing well then the centre mid would be very, very hard for opposition teams to get through.
I doubt they are bothered about a loss on Allan, which is always happening if you spend big on a 29yr old

If he cost the club 40mil on fees and wages and we get 3 great years out of him and he walks away on a free at 32. The club will Probably see it as money well spent

I doubt they are bothered about a loss on Allan, which is always happening if you spend big on a 29yr old

If he cost the club 40mil on fees and wages and we get 3 great years out of him and he walks away on a free at 32. The club will Probably see it as money well spent

This is true.

Output on the pitch is always more important than profit for me.

But in the age of FFP you have to be a bit careful

Status
Not open for further replies.