Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've just got 250k a week off the wage bill. That's 250k a week that could be used for the salary of one or two seriously good players!

No doubt further deadwood will be culled in due course, giving us the opportunity to sign top quality players without drastically increasing the wage bill.

Nobody said £30m over 2 years? I said £30m in total, if we assume that he stays until the end of his contract, in 2 years. It has been widely reported from day dot that his salary is £120k a week. I obviously don't know if that's true, but I haven't plucked it from thin air.
He was released on a free by Barca, I don't think we should necessarily see that as a sign he's 'definitely good enough'. We were told Atletico were after him. It was never confirmed, and that type of thing happens all the time. Funny that when we made him available just 6 months later none of the clubs who had supposedly been desperate to sign him were interested isn't it? He's had 7 seasons as a pro and 1 good one. It looks very much like the level we've seen is his normal level, and the season at Malaga was the outlier. To spin it the other way is a bit weird.
To be honest I've only seen it mentioned in here the 100k+. He may get up to that with sponsorships but Everton pay him 65k.

....let’s not heap blame on Sandro or other players. They were courted by Walsh and invited to sign lucrative contracts. The club made a mistake and are paying the price.

that is why Brands has got such a big job to do now. I actually think our progress since Wash left in 17/18 has been good in terms of transfers in and out. There’s some that are yet to prove themselves but most of the players coming in are far better than most of the players leaving the club whereas for a long time post Moyes that hasn’t been true.

Last edited:

that is why Brands has got such a big job to do now. I actually think our progress since Wash left in 17/18 has been good in terms of transfers in and out. There’s some that are yet to prove themselves but most of the players coming in are far better than most of the players leaving the club whereas for a long time post Moyes that hasn’t been true.

...I think re-sale value is a good benchmark for his signings. I’d like to think that Richarlison and Digne alone will cover much of his outlay.

We haven't really signed any out and out dross. The closest bought has probably been Delph who has been a poor buy and we have to hope he can miraculously get himself fit (or Leeds come in for him). However there's none that need to be bombed after 12 months like what we had at the back end of Martinez under Walsh.

Clubs can't really function having to just buy and sell 15 a season. Thats just crisis management and you can't forward plan or anything else in that environment. I'm hopeful after this summer we will be 90% of the way to where we want to be in terms of moving people on. We then need to get greater consistency from the players we have, and some of those that currently have a question mark next to them (Iwobi, Kean, Bernard, Pickford) need to turn that around.

...I think re-sale value is a good benchmark for his signings. I’d like to think that Richarlison and Digne alone will cover much of his outlay.

I tend to go on hit rate, and want a 50% hit rate as decent. Brands seems above that currently, not massively so but above it none the less.

That's why its shrewd to buy younger and potential in the main.Even Kean has probably held value in Italy we could use him as a swap or sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.