Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably on the left cutting in - selling Bernard and getting Coutinho on loan with an option to buy next season would make sense in terms of giving us the funds to also bring in a right sided winger also.

The whole midfield area is shockingly bad.
Coutinho for Bernard is definitely an upgrade, but I just can’t see him playing in a 4-4-2 formation. I don’t think we have the personnel to play a 4-3-3 but who knows after this summer we might do, with or without Coutinho.

Coutinho for Bernard is definitely an upgrade, but I just can’t see him playing in a 4-4-2 formation. I don’t think we have the personnel to play a 4-3-3 but who knows after this summer we might do, with or without Coutinho.

Im sure I read Carlo preferred to play with a proper wide player at napoli and one who was more tucked in centrally - would potentially explain the Coutinho link with Walcott / new RW more hugging the touchline as a traditional winger.

Tbf my source has nailed a few things:

Called out the hacks claiming we were in talks with Moist

Advised the club were after a big name (Allegri) in which Carlo subsequently became available.

Confirmed we were in talks with both Gabriel/Allan and hold interest in Everton Soares in which its now revealed Carlo wanted him at Napoli

Not heard much lately though all gone quiet.

is your source:

1.) your elderly mother or
2.) the voices inside your head?

you can’t be a full grown man and type this rubbish seriously have a word.

I still hate the links to Coutinho. He's REALLY not that good a player. I don't care what Barca paid for him, he wouldn't go for anywhere near £70m on his last 2 years form. There's a reason they want him gone and it's not just financial.

I still hate the links to Coutinho. He's REALLY not that good a player. I don't care what Barca paid for him, he wouldn't go for anywhere near £70m on his last 2 years form. There's a reason they want him gone and it's not just financial.

Still miles better than what we can normally attract without European football.

If we nabbed him we would have easily 2x of the best players in the league in him & Richarlison- miles ahead of anyone outside the top 6 clubs also.

Still miles better than what we can normally attract without European football.

If we nabbed him we would have easily 2x of the best players in the league in him & Richarlison- miles ahead of anyone outside the top 6 clubs also.
I honestly just can't agree with that at all. He's been accused if hiding whenever the pressure is on him to perform. He was good for Liverpool, Barca became mental and bought him for some reason and now they desperately want rid.

I wonder if we might switch to a diamond in midfield if we got him, as that would nullify the fact our right wing is useless.

I wonder if we might switch to a diamond in midfield if we got him, as that would nullify the fact our right wing is useless.
I’d go as far to say that our whole midfield is useless. It is surprising DCL/Richarlison have formed such a productive partnership, despite our midfield not because of it. I’m sure Ancelotti will target at least 2 starting players for our midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.