Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa away, so please explain the other duds?
Fulham away when he was so bad that he lost his head and got banned for 3 games. I remember him being pretty poor in that Brighton game where we threw the lead away too. If I had the patience to go through all of last year there are a couple more. A bit up and down is Andre. He's also going to play every game until we do some transfers because of what else is available. It never ceases to amaze me how strange Everton can be.

I think he was having a go at Brands though.

Doesn’t stop us overpaying though unfortunately (@alexiwobi). Maybe Marcel and co are in sync with Zatara’s transfer negotiation handbook.
Iwobi's price was about the going rate for 23 year olds who have already played 100 or so PL games and have shown a decent amount of promise. I mean look at what Solanke went for as an example and that was on less appearances and less promise.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't have looked abroad, but then people like to bang on about how the PL is different and we need players with that experience too. Kind of a lose lose.

Iwobi's price was about the going rate for 23 year olds who have already played 100 or so PL games and have shown a decent amount of promise. I mean look at what Solanke went for as an example and that was on less appearances and less promise.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't have looked abroad, but then people like to bang on about how the PL is different and we need players with that experience too. Kind of a lose lose.
To be fair I think there is something there with Iwobi, he looked okay earlier in the season. I do think though if we’re going to essentially play 4-4-2 that we’d benefit more by playing right footers on the right wing and left footers on the left wing, especially considering that Rich and DCL are both big threats aerially. Ideally a all-action centre mid would be useful too

To be fair I think there is something there with Iwobi, he looked okay earlier in the season. I do think though if we’re going to essentially play 4-4-2 that we’d benefit more by playing right footers on the right wing and left footers on the left wing, especially considering that Rich and DCL are both big threats aerially. Ideally a all-action centre mid would be useful too
He has something about him but what I fear is that he's not going to be good enough in and around the box to be a forward nor is he going to be good enough without the ball to play central midfield. He's got good passing ability but without something else he will kind of be lost in the shuffle.

Fulham away when he was so bad that he lost his head and got banned for 3 games. I remember him being pretty poor in that Brighton game where we threw the lead away too. If I had the patience to go through all of last year there are a couple more. A bit up and down is Andre. He's also going to play every game until we do some transfers because of what else is available. It never ceases to amaze me how strange Everton can be.

I think he was having a go at Brands though.

You need to stop answering my bait questions, for Gods sake.

I love Andre, but I can see his faults, but when hes on fire hes an utter joy to watch.

You need to stop answering my bait questions, for Gods sake.

I love Andre, but I can see his faults, but when hes on fire hes an utter joy to watch.
Haha ok I'll try. Gomes is one of those players who should be sticking around for awhile no doubt, but our midfield falling apart because he can't play for a few weeks is something that should never happen again.

On that note, I'd sign Rabiot if the money can be worked out. Take a chance.

Haha ok I'll try. Gomes is one of those players who should be sticking around for awhile no doubt, but our midfield falling apart because he can't play for a few weeks is something that should never happen again.

On that note, I'd sign Rabiot if the money can be worked out. Take a chance.

Hes a quality player, but, well you know the but.

Zat willingly overpaying by 10m is yet another reason im glad hes not anywhere near our transfers.
Doesn’t stop us overpaying though unfortunately (@alexiwobi). Maybe Marcel and co are in sync with Zatara’s transfer negotiation handbook.

Well, its a choice isnt it...

Gabriel is rated at £30mil. Do you:

A: Go in with a bid of £15-20mil and leave it sitting there all window in the hope no one else comes in with a better offer and more interesting proposal.

B: Do the deal at £25mil now knowing youve landed one of your top targats and can get them prepared for the new season and focus on other positions.

For me as a major target I'd go for him at £25mil.

My view is that he'll be in the full Brazil squad before long, we need a left footed centre back and these values will be back to normal in 1-2 years anyway.

A: Go in with a bid of £15-20mil and leave it sitting there all window in the hope no one else comes in with a better offer and more interesting proposal.

B: Do the deal at £25mil now knowing youve landed one of your top targats and can get them prepared for the new season and focus on other positions.

My view is that he'll be in the full Brazil squad before long, we need a left footed centre back and these values will be back to normal in 1-2 years anyway.

How about C or D.

You think there are only 2 choices, nobody knows if we are even bidding for a start.

Brands has his way of doing things, its been highly effective so far, lets just wait and see what happens.

People seem to think we are stalling the deal out, maybe its Lille waiting to see if somebody bids more, more than the 35m we have on the table or maybe they want the full 30m they think hes worth.

And who says hes even a major target.

I know you are a big fan of getting players in early, me im not overly concerned when we get players in, they are signing for a few years not a few weeks.

I think that is assuming that there isnt another player who they like almost as much available at 15 million. I think anyone who acquires talent has to look at not just how much a player costs, but how much of an improvement he is on the current squad(so one 30 million player you offer 15 for, the other 25 for depending on how badly you need an upgrade), and how many alternatives there are to him. If you have 4-5 other options available, you stay more aggressive on your offer and you let the seller know if you get another deal done you will move on. If you only have 1 other option, you offer them closer to asking price to get it done.

I think that is assuming that there isnt another player who they like almost as much available at 15 million. I think anyone who acquires talent has to look at not just how much a player costs, but how much of an improvement he is on the current squad(so one 30 million player you offer 15 for, the other 25 for depending on how badly you need an upgrade), and how many alternatives there are to him. If you have 4-5 other options available, you stay more aggressive on your offer and you let the seller know if you get another deal done you will move on. If you only have 1 other option, you offer them closer to asking price to get it done.

Yes although other posters were suggesting we simply wait until the end of the window when, I imagine those in demand players will be gone.

Yes although other posters were suggesting we simply wait until the end of the window when, I imagine those in demand players will be gone.
I agree, we can’t wait till the end of the window. If your top target is available now( and who knows if Gabriel is) and at a slightly cheaper price then go and get him.

A number of over clubs, could have him as 2nd or 3rd choice on their lists. Will be more difficult to get him in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.