Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did but Corona made it an untenable option financially.

Rogé is not a reliable source but rumours of Todibo being ushered out to generate sales & fund bigger transfers have lingered throughout his short tenure at the club. Unless he's got a bad attitude or work ethic, nothing that has even been hinted at from watching how he conducts himself on & off the pitch but would be an incomprehensible move. But this is the corporate board of stooges I have to live with atm

For me, he's a genuine star prospect as a central defender - a player that has the profile of a DM & 20M is peanuts. Inter match last fall is a great sample of what he can do - hadn't been playing, in a CL match on the road against an in form Italian side who had to win to qualify for the next round. Outstanding performance

not impress. Holgate looks so much more assured and decisive, with pace.

Maybe its for this reason we are looking at him then? Gbamin has bad injury and if this lad can play both positions well then males him more appealing.

Brands been watching him for a long while too so think last year it was about 35 million Barca were quoting as selling price? Maybe nice option for going 3 at back too as his good passing too ?

The fact that Paul Joyce follows him suggests he may have a clue about Barca

He's better than most of the Group Godo clowns but they disseminate info the board want to release, not because it's true.

Adrian Sanchez, on the other hand, more reliable despite less followers & does not speak for the board - he says negotiations are advanced

When I look at the keepers in the league compared to the ones in seasons gone by theres a huge difference in quality...

Schmeichel
Martyn
Southall
Seaman
Van Der Saar
Cech

Etc etc

Whats happened to goalkeeping quality?
I actually think there has been a trade off tbf. Modern keepers are better with their feet and more agile, whereas the goalkeeping legends you mention there were braver, physically imposing, aerially dominant and (because of generally more traditional playing styles) usually had deeper starting positions.

I too remember the era of race goalkeepers, but when you watch back a lot of old goals (something we've all been doing much more of lately), I'm always surprised how many great keepers seemed to let in relatively simple looking shots that were low and to the side.

Just an observation. Still love the likes of Nev and Peter Schmeichel.

Paul Joyce follows the Esk

Think thats for his financial articles more than his supposed inside info on Everton

He may well do, but that doesn’t rule out the possibility of Barca leaking him a fake story to drum up interest in the player

No it doesnt but if Barca are doing that then it suggests he has links to the club same way King, Hunter, Joyce leak stuff from our side.

Status
Not open for further replies.