Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I’m not sure ‘all the best keepers are at the best clubs’ is totally correct. There’s a huge global market out there, Brands is paid a lot of money to know that market. Some on here suggest bringing in somebody from the PL, and I’d agree it’s a very limited and underwhelming goalkeeper market.

There has to be gems out there, Brands job is to unearth one. I have no idea who should come in, but I’d like a better keeper. Pickford is ordinary in my opinion, he’s capable of brilliance but his all-around game doesn’t fill me with confidence and he’s inconsistent.

I’m a bit old fashioned, I’ve never been a fan of Pickford as I much prefer the type of keeper who command his area.
A keeper that come for crosses and takes the ball ,the centre forward and the centre half if he gets in the way

All three have contracts ending in 2021 as you say but in the next twelve months they will cost somewhere in the region of 13m-15 in wages.
In the current market I am not so sure we will find clubs to take them on loan.
There will be so many players looking for new clubs who will be prepared to play for far less than they would have expected just four months ago.
Our three can just sit on their contracts, which they are more or less doing for the last couple of years anyway.
Good point about the current market. there will probably be a lot less money in football this summer for transfers/wages. You’re almost certainly right there.

I think we’ll see Besic’s wages covered though at least. He's decent and won’t be on the 80k a week (4mil a year) that Bolasie and Sandro are rumored to be on.

As I said though I think Bolasie and Sandro will get a loan move with some of their wages covered. Probably 500k-1mil wages and 500k- 1mil loan fee. Sure, that isn’t great but it’s better than nothing. Plus it keeps players away from the club who aren’t going to see game time for Everton and might cause a negative atmosphere.

I think both will be keen to go somewhere just to actually play football. They need to play some games to convince their next clubs (if they get one) they are worth giving a contract to. Not sure how successful they will be in that but it’s probably the best plan.

The main point is that Brands has been buying and helping to develop players that we will able to sell more easily in future if we have to.

it’s moving in the right direction. It’s just going to take a while...

he has, and always will be, crap and overrated by moneyball fans
I just think saying a guy who directly contributed to about 20 goals in a league season contributed nothing is incredibly naive about what is important in football. Not every player in a team can do nothing outside of the final third like Gylfi, but you also can't get by without players who get the job done in that area and last season we had Gylfi and Richarlison who helped in the regard. I find it hard to see us finishing in the same spot without him unless DCL was going to start scoring more and it was Sigurdsson holding him back. I don't think that's the case.

But obviously we can and should be looking to do better especially considering as I said I don' think he's ever really been a midfielder. Playing him there was always going to end in a disastrous performance and Chelsea was that.

I just think saying a guy who directly contributed to about 20 goals in a league season contributed nothing is incredibly naive about what is important in football. Not every player in a team can do nothing outside of the final third like Gylfi, but you also can't get by without players who get the job done in that area and last season we had Gylfi and Richarlison who helped in the regard. I find it hard to see us finishing in the same spot without him unless DCL was going to start scoring more and it was Sigurdsson holding him back. I don't think that's the case.

But obviously we can and should be looking to do better especially considering as I said I don' think he's ever really been a midfielder. Playing him there was always going to end in a disastrous performance and Chelsea was that.

He's been putting in disastrous performances in the number 10 role since he joined the club, where are you getting the Chelsea game from?

He's been putting in disastrous performances in the number 10 role since he joined the club, where are you getting the Chelsea game from?
The last game we played, when he played central midfield, and we got sliced open. That's where I'm getting it from.

If you had the choice now , would you pick Lukaku over DCL ?
Do you mean present day Rom vs present day DCL? Because I'd take Calvert-Lewin, but if we're saying hypothetically which 23 year old I'm taking Rom easily. I'd like to think the right manager could have gotten more from him. Conte has shown that there was always more there.

....I’m not sure ‘all the best keepers are at the best clubs’ is totally correct. There’s a huge global market out there, Brands is paid a lot of money to know that market. Some on here suggest bringing in somebody from the PL, and I’d agree it’s a very limited and underwhelming goalkeeper market.

There has to be gems out there, Brands job is to unearth one. I have no idea who should come in, but I’d like a better keeper. Pickford is ordinary in my opinion, he’s capable of brilliance but his all-around game doesn’t fill me with confidence and he’s inconsistent.

I’m a bit old fashioned, I’ve never been a fan of Pickford as I much prefer the type of keeper who command his area.
Finding a keeper to improve on Pickford should be easy. Sheffield United and Palace both have better keepers. They're all over the place because Pickford has been that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.