Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picks this thread up at about page 250, "Hey why don't we sell Bernard and bring in Ryan Fraser?". Skip ahead 40 pages still the same discussion. There are other players out there you know!

Picks this thread up at about page 250, "Hey why don't we sell Bernard and bring in Ryan Fraser?". Skip ahead 40 pages still the same discussion. There are other players out there you know!
@TheBigIguana just won't let it die, man. He really, and I mean really, hates wee Bernie. He'll respond to this saying he doesn't but, conservatively, 98% of his posts are about him. He hates him so much that he's promoting Ryan Fraser over him.

I couldn’t disagree more about Bernard, the lad is a grafter and puts in a real shift.

Away from home we may see a change of formation, too.
There’s working hard and getting bullied. It’s interesting that Ancelotti doesn’t seem to trust him away from home. 10 games into the job.
I don’t see a long term future for him.

And I can’t see Ancelotti moving away from his 442, yes May play a diamond in midfield occasionally. But I doubt he will change the system every other week, that would be suicidal.

@TheBigIguana just won't let it die, man. He really, and I mean really, hates wee Bernie. He'll respond to this saying he doesn't but, conservatively, 98% of his posts are about him. He hates him so much that he's promoting Ryan Fraser over him.
They both stink. It's just wild to me that our fans can't ever put the bias aside and realize that there isn't much between them.

I will not stop posting until this forum realizes the error they've made. You've all been seduced by a couple stepovers and a smile and have mistaken it for good football. It's a tragedy.

They both stink. It's just wild to me that our fans can't ever put the bias aside and realize that there isn't much between them.

I will not stop posting until this forum realizes the error they've made. You've all been seduced by a couple stepovers and a smile and have mistaken it for good football. It's a tragedy.

What error?

Most of us think he needs to offer a bit more in terms of assists and goals, but hes improving, so we are willing to see how much he can improve, he has la magica and we like to see players with magic.

You just break him down to raw stats and they paint a different picture, an ineffective picture, but football isnt just numbers, its art.

What error?

Most of us think he needs to offer a bit more in terms of assists and goals, but hes improving, so we are willing to see how much he can improve, he has la magica and we like to see players with magic.

You just break him down to raw stats and they paint a different picture, an ineffective picture, but football isnt just numbers, its art.
I've said this before but I find him to be frustrating to watch. The Palace goal and maybe that time he skinned two Burnley players (or maybe it was Leicester I can't remember) are the only times I've been wowed. So the numbers just back up that.

But I don't think the assessment in that middle paragraph is what I see regularly posted. Unless everyone is on a wind up everyone genuinely rates him, like to the point that he gets more praise and less criticism than everyone bar Richarlison probably and he isn't our second best player.

Plus the he's improving bit is just a genuine LOL when we won't give that benefit of the doubt to any actual young players but apparently are willing to extend it to someone who is 27.

I've said this before but I find him to be frustrating to watch. The Palace goal and maybe that time he skinned two Burnley players (or maybe it was Leicester I can't remember) are the only times I've been wowed. So the numbers just back up that.

But I don't think the assessment in that middle paragraph is what I see regularly posted. Unless everyone is on a wind up everyone genuinely rates him, like to the point that he gets more praise and less criticism than everyone bar Richarlison probably and he isn't our second best player.

Plus the he's improving bit is just a genuine LOL when we won't give that benefit of the doubt to any actual young players but apparently are willing to extend it to someone who is 27.

Think everybody has given Holgate and DCL the benefit of the doubt and many have changed their opinions of them, none of the other actual young players have improved. I think we can certainly do better than Bernie and in an ideal world I would be replacing him and keeping him as a bench option, which considering his wages doesnt make much sense.

I just think replacing him is very long down our list of priorities, for now anyway.

Think everybody has given Holgate and DCL the benefit of the doubt and many have changed their opinions of them, none of the other actual young players have improved. I think we can certainly do better than Bernie and in an ideal world I would be replacing him and keeping him as a bench option, which considering his wages doesnt make much sense.

I just think replacing him is very long down our list of priorities, for now anyway.
It isn't a priority BUT if the opportunity to sell him for 10m and sign Fraser for free on less wages was available it doesn't make our squad worse and frees up more cash to spend elsewhere. Which is the original idea I was responding to and still think is reasonable.

I still don't, in a vacuum, want Ryan Fraser to play for Everton.

It isn't a priority BUT if the opportunity to sell him for 10m and sign Fraser for free on less wages was available it doesn't make our squad worse and frees up more cash to spend elsewhere. Which is the original idea I was responding to and still think is reasonable.

I still don't, in a vacuum, want Ryan Fraser to play for Everton.

Think I would probably take Bernie.

Status
Not open for further replies.