Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest worry is why none of our players can stake a claim to the across the entire midfield.

I excuse Gomes because he has been out and coming back very soon against very good sides.

Bernard - Hit and Miss for me and I think we all think he should be doing more.

Davies - he needs a loan desperately. He won't grow at our club so give him the opportunity elsewhere and hopefully he gets the games in.

Schneiderlin - 12 months left with a knee injury. It's not going to be easy to sell but he has been a useful squad player.

Walcott - Having a good spell of late for him but still not really fitted into Everton.

Iwobi - Strange signing on deadline day and showed some promise through the middle but injuries and loss of form has shown why Arsenal fans are over the moon with this move.

Delph - Just a wrong match for both parties. He fills a space but nothing of note this season.

Sigurdsson - I think we are harsh to bring up his transfer fee because it's not his fault but he gets hung out to dry for it but in 3 seasons he has been a ok signing but season 1 (33 games, 6 goals) 2 (38 games, 13 goals) and this season (26 games, 1 goal). He has ability but unfortunately he needs the team to play to his strengths which have been very limited. He is a bad signing but in the 3 seasons he has had 5 different managers asking him to play different roles every season. This is an argument for a lot of our signings but now I think the end is near for Gylfi unless he can adapt his game which I don't think he can.

Nothing from the under 23 apart from Gordon who we hope will get a little run after the Derby but we need to address this ASAP.

Mate who is a spurs fan sent me this, moaning about Levy. What is more telling is Everton at the top of that list. We all know how much deadwood we have to shift, but that table spells it out perfectly. Of course that’s before new contracts for Richarlison, DCL and Holgate. Until this figure is addressed don’t expect to see wholesale changes in the summer.

That’s ridiculous.
So much waste.
cant afford any more transfer failures.

That’s ridiculous.
So much waste.
cant afford any more transfer failures.
Couldn’t agree more mate. That is totally unsustainable. Koeman/ Walsh/ Allardyce/ Brands and Silva are all culpable with regard to the state of investment in the squad and the vastly inflated wages for overated players. For once we have a world class manager at the helm, but he is going to have his hands tied behind his back with a wages to ratio turnover like that.

My biggest worry is why none of our players can stake a claim to the across the entire midfield.

I excuse Gomes because he has been out and coming back very soon against very good sides.

Davies - he needs a loan desperately. He won't grow at our club so give him the opportunity elsewhere and hopefully he gets the games in.

Schneiderlin - 12 months left with a knee injury. It's not going to be easy to sell but he has been a useful squad player.

Walcott - Having a good spell of late for him but still not really fitted into Everton.

Iwobi - Strange signing on deadline day and showed some promise through the middle but injuries and loss of form has shown why Arsenal fans are over the moon with this move.

Delph - Just a wrong match for both parties. He fills a space but nothing of note this season.

Sigurdsson - I think we are harsh to bring up his transfer fee because it's not his fault but he gets hung out to dry for it but in 3 seasons he has been a ok signing but season 1 (33 games, 6 goals) 2 (38 games, 13 goals) and this season (26 games, 1 goal). He has ability but unfortunately he needs the team to play to his strengths which have been very limited. He is a bad signing but in the 3 seasons he has had 5 different managers asking him to play different roles every season. This is an argument for a lot of our signings but now I think the end is near for Gylfi unless he can adapt his game which I don't think he can.

Nothing from the under 23 apart from Gordon who we hope will get a little run after the Derby but we need to address this ASAP.

What of Gbamin?

All true and some of these will be sold, but sometimes one lynchpin can make the difference look at the difference Gana made. We have nobody(no idea on Gbamin) to play DM to facilitate the others games.

Not sure if this has been brought up.
Willian is on the wrong side of 30 soon I think or maybe already is. I did just read his contract is up this year and talks have stalled.

I have always been impressed by him and no sooner than me mentioning this to me he scored Sunday.

I’d love the idea of him if only for a short spell.

I’m sure I’ll be crucified at the idea but I’d think he’d be a nice short term thought.

Ampadu at present is not getting anywhere near Chelsea’s first 11
He is 20 in September and is probably looking at Mount and Gilmore getting games while he is not
I doubt very much he is on a boat of money as you say
If he wants to progress and further his international career he will know he needs to prove himself in the PL
I doubt he will get that Chance at Chelsea
The few times I’ve seen him he has stood out as a talent

I'd take Loftus-Cheek from Chelsea you know, handy player if he can stay fit for 5 minutes.

Id be after mcginn from villa think would be a great signing for the right price aswell as another cm really hope we can ship alot out this season
Pope, McGinn, Grealish, McNeil. Four players who would come in and instantly improve our team dramatically. Probably 100-120m for the lot, providing Villa go down.

Problem is threefold though.

1. Our wages are already far too high
2. We won't be able to offload most of the worst offenders
3. We can't spend so much without generating it in sales first

Basically, forget signing any of them because the likes of Tosun, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Delph and Keane are bleeding us of 400k a week.

I don't agree that buying younger players just because we might eventually be able to sell them for half of what we paid after they flop and contribute nothing for three years makes more sense than signing the likes of Willian on a free, just because he is over 30.

The bigger clubs are always paying top dollar for players that can hit the ground running. Chelsea are offering Willian another two years, United signed Van Nistelrooy, Berbatov and Larsson when they were getting older, PSG paid 30 million for a 30-year-old Gueye. There are loads of other examples out there, we brought in Gareth Barry and he was brilliant for us etc etc.

It’s actually the smaller clubs like Newcastle that come out with this ‘nobody older than 26’ rubbish, and it gets them absolutely nowhere.

Willian will have a selection of top clubs to choose from this summer because his services will be in demand, whilst the likes of Newcastle and Everton will spunk 30 or 40 million on players like Gbamin and Joelinton that nobody else is even interested in.

I don't agree that buying younger players just because we might eventually be able to sell them for half of what we paid after they flop and contribute nothing for three years makes more sense than signing the likes of Willian on a free, just because he is over 30.

The bigger clubs are always paying top dollar for players that can hit the ground running. Chelsea are willing to offer Willian another two years, United signed Van Nistelrooy, Berbatov and Larsson when they were getting older, PSG paid 30 million for a 30-year-old Gueye. There are loads of other examples out there, we brought in Gareth Barry and he was brilliant for us etc etc.

It’s actually the smaller clubs like Newcastle that come out with this ‘nobody older than 26’ rubbish, and it gets them absolutely nowhere.

Willian will have a selection of top clubs to choose from this summer because his services will be in demand, whilst the likes of Newcastle and Everton will spunk 30 or 40 million on players like Gbamin and Joelinton that nobody else is even interested in.

Are you happy with the Delph and Walcott signings?

Are you happy with the Delph and Walcott signings?

Neither of them have ever come close to reaching the levels of Willian, and both of them offer more than the likes of Iwobi, Gbamin and Sigurdsson etc.

I wasn’t happy with us signing Rooney because he was already fat and knackered when we signed him. Nobody wanted him apart from us.

But the really big clue in assessing whether Willian would be a good signing or not is the fact that Chelsea are offering him a further two year and that top clubs will be interested in him if he actually leaves Chelsea this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.