Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We miss him terribly he was very underrated, i often think there is an inherent dislike for anyone who signed by Walsh/Koeman, he was far better then we gave him credit for. Football is often a simple game of balance and he gave us terrific balance.

I could see the logic in truth as i think that will be our model going on - its why i think there is little truth in the Allan stuff. We've been terribly unlucky with injury though and i would be interested to see how a JPG and Gomes midfield develops and contributes, sadly unlikely this year.

I still think we need another, ive banged the drum for Ndidi at Leicester or that ilk, sadly i think that horse has bolted. Think we would be willing to player trade Gylfi and Morgan to put a decent body in there as a governor if required, especially if 442 is going to be the consistent thing.
The process Leicester used to find Kante's replacement, which ended up being Ndidi, wasn't particularly complicated. They went around Europe looking for young players who get tons of tackles and interceptions. They ended up going for Ndidi and Nampalys Mendy. One adapted, one didn't but the idea was that at least one would fit in and replace what Kante gave them.

We kind of tried that but Gbamin is significantly different from Gueye to the point that even if healthy Marco needed to change the system and didn't. I don't know if Carlo is interested in that type of player now, but I think it would be relatively straightforward trying to find candidates to go after.

The process Leicester used to find Kante's replacement, which ended up being Ndidi, wasn't particularly complicated. They went around Europe looking for young players who get tons of tackles and interceptions. They ended up going for Ndidi and Nampalys Mendy. One adapted, one didn't but the idea was that at least one would fit in and replace what Kante gave them.

We kind of tried that but Gbamin is significantly different from Gueye to the point that even if healthy Marco needed to change the system and didn't. I don't know if Carlo is interested in that type of player now, but I think it would be relatively straightforward trying to find candidates to go after.

Thats an excellent post mate and i agree totally. I think Brands and Silva had a philosophy for how the team would set up and the approach to signing players was based on that - personally i think it was based on playing three athletic midfielders in there and making up for the loss of an anchor role with the numbers of the three and a bit of physicality but more progressive play.

We have a bit of an overhang now, with many players signed, under many different philosophies, of many different managers. When i look at the squad at times i think will all these players fit neatly into a Carlo systems and way of playing - im not so sure. As has been the case for a while we need a manager here for 3-5 years and the recruitment all moving toward that shared philosophy while rationalizing the squad. The lack of this has been the most undermining piece of the last 4 seasons.

Carlo is making a fair fist of it though and he is clever enough to know recruitment is part of it, but ultimately not all of it, hes made some very clever tweaks to get the most out of a lot of our players. I can see some causalities though myself, but Carlo has done well making everyone feel part of it even if they wont be.

Last edited:
If Villa go down there is no way they are commanding anything like 60m for Grealish. Get his head turned with an 80k a week contract and get him to request a transfer - they'd be forced to sell at about 30m.

Thats an excellent post mate and i agree totally. I think Brands and Silva had a philosophy for how the team would set up and the approach to signing players was based on that - personally i think it was based on playing three athletic midfielders in there and making up for the loss of an anchor role with the numbers of the three and a bit of physicality but more progressive play.

We have a bit of an overhang now, with many players signed, under many different philosophies, of many different managers. When i look at the squad at times i think will all these players fit neatly into a Carlo systems and way of playing - im not so sure. As has been the case for a while we need a manager here for 3-5 years and the recruitment all moving toward that shared philosophy while rationalizing the squad. The lack of this has been the most undermining piece of the last 4 seasons.

Carlo is making a fair fist of it though and he is clever enough to know recruitment is part of it, but ultimately not all of it, hes made some very clever tweaks to get the most out of a lot of our players. I can see some causalities though myself, but Carlo has done well making everyone feel part of it even if they wont be.

Plainly clear to see that we have no central midfielders for what Carlo wants to do.

Oddly enough, we somehow have managed to have found a manager who suits DCL, Bernard, Richarlison. Hell even Walcott has been better. Not to mention the huge improvement from Holgate.

Hopefully Gomes is someone who suits how CA wants to play, he certainly likes to play forward so heres hoping.

Plainly clear to see that we have no central midfielders for what Carlo wants to do.

Oddly enough, we somehow have managed to have found a manager who suits DCL, Bernard, Richarlison. Hell even Walcott has been better. Not to mention the huge improvement from Holgate.

Hopefully Gomes is someone who suits how CA wants to play, he certainly likes to play forward so heres hoping.

Well while we are clearly rag and bone in the middle mate, i still wouldn't be jumping to conclusions.

We've been very very unlucky with injuries there this season. We've played all season without who we assume would be our starting midfielders in JPG and Gomes. Delph just hasnt gotten going either, but i still think he may have something to offer. When lads arent around we kind of forget about them. So maybe a single addition for blend through player trading could be what we need instead of a total revamp.

One of the most impressive things about Carlo is how he has assessed the squad and made a few simple tweaks to get the most out of players and make a team, we didnt look like one all season before he came.

Hes kept everything simple but maximized performance. DCL and Richarlison was so simple it was genius and has gotten us out maybe and finally of the Lukaku hole. Also just simply going direct and simplifying jobs. Football ultimately is a simple game, and a fun one if you simplify the psychology of it and build momentum.

Hes assessed this as a team made up of so many different managers and philosophies and what they really needed is to play simply, play direct and maximize directness in key areas. Once you achieve that you back your own quality and it begins to show in results. The players look like they are enjoying playing football again, care and actually fight.

Hes done this within existing resources.

All signs of a very good manager.

Last edited:

Well why we are clearly rag and bone in the middle mate, i still wouldn't be jumping to conclusions.

We've been very very unlucky with injuries there this season. We've played all season without who we assume would be our starting midfielders in JPG and Gomes. Delph just hasnt gotten going either, but i still think he may have something to offer. When lads arent around we kind of forget about them. So maybe a single addition for blend through player trading could be what we need instead of a total revamp.

One of the most impressive things about Carlo is how he has assessed the squad and made a few simple tweaks to get the most out of players and make a team, we didnt look like one all season before he came.

Hes kept everything simple but maximized performance. DCL and Richarlison was so simple it was genius and has gotten us out maybe and finally of the Lukaku hole. Also just simply going direct and simplifying jobs. Football ultimately is a simple game, and a fun one if you simplify the psychology of it and build momentum.

Hes assessed this is a team made up of so many different managers and philosophies and what they really needed is to play simply, play direct and maximize directness in key areas. Once you achieve that you back your own quality and it begins to show in results. The players look like they are enjoying playing football again, care and actually fight.

Hes done this within existing resources.

All signs of a very good manager.

No conclusions jumped here. As said its clear to see Siggurdson, Schneiderlin and Davies arent able to do the job of a CM in 4-4-2.

Here's hoping Gomes can be one of those to fill the gap. i too think Delph has something to offer, his attitude is questionable but i do think he helps keep the ball and keep play moving. Like or loath him, he isn't scared of the ball and taking it under pressure.

No conclusions jumped here. As said its clear to see Siggurdson, Schneiderlin and Davies arent able to do the job of a CM in 4-4-2.

Here's hoping Gomes can be one of those to fill the gap. i too think Delph has something to offer, his attitude is questionable but i do think he helps keep the ball and keep play moving. Like or loath him, he isn't scared of the ball and taking it under pressure.

Thought Morgan was MOM myself the last day, but i agree the three are at risk or at least places will be looked at.

Think Delph just hasnt gotten a run of games gong to build momentum, its been unfortunate to this point everything that has gone on, he is someone ive liked as a player in the past though.

Andre is quality.

Grealish has Spurs or Utd written all over him imo.

Would be an ace signing like.

Under Jose? Cant see it mate.

I think Utd will be in for him, if they dont get Madison, will be one or the other in my opinion.

I like Grealish not sure hes what we need, not sure he will be worth or we should pay what he will go for.

I can see him not doing as well elsewhere when everything isnt going through him and hes out of his comfort zone to, hes that type of lad in my opinion.

Under Jose? Cant see it mate.

I think Utd will be in for him, if they dont get Madison, will be one or the other in my opinion.

I like Grealish not sure hes what we need, not sure he will be worth or we should pay what he will go for.

I can see him not doing as well elsewhere when everything isnt going through him and hes out of his comfort zone to, hes that type of lad in my opinion.
Not sure where he fits at United, given they just signed Fernandes for mega money. Unless they want him to play out wide, but then you’re sitting Rashford or James, and they also have Greenwood coming up. Could happen but I don’t see it as likely.

Are you saying this as a statement of fact... or your opinion ?

it's my opinion he is an awful keeper, the facts show that statistically he is the 3rd worst at stopping the ball from going in the goal & the worst in the league at making errors leading to goals; both fairly Important functions of a Goalkeeper.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.