Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know its not Brands that sells players, right?

What he does is tell the player hes not needed, then the players Agent rings up all the clubs he wants his client to sign for, then some he doesnt want to play for, then normally finds out that nobody will touch his client with a rusty stick and his client stays at Everton to milk his fat contract.
So, he doesn't sell players and he hasn't been buying players what does Mr Brands' day look like?

8 am get up
8.15 - 10.00 am watch Piers Morgan rant maniacally about foreigners
10.00 - 11.00 am nap time
11.00 am - 12.00 noon practice Vince McMahon walk in the mirror
12.00 noon - 4.00 pm leisurely round of golf
4.00 - 5.00 pm walk around Liverpool One hoping someone stops me for a selfie
5.00 - 6.00 pm nap time
6.00 - 7.00 pm get Deliveroo to drop off a KFC Mighty Bucket For One
7.00 pm - 12 midnight scour social media to make sure Fabien Delph isn't threatening any children online

DoF - bossing it

So, he doesn't sell players and he hasn't been buying players what does Mr Brands' day look like?

8 am get up
5.00 - 6.00 pm nap time
7.00 pm - 12 midnight scour social media to make sure Fabien Delph isn't threatening any children online

DoF - bossing it
"Hope someone stops me for a selfie !!"

Brilliant.

8 am get up
5.00 - 6.00 pm nap time

DoF - bossing it

He fields calls from Agents, he looks at scouting videos, he talks to Carlo, Unsworth, Jeffers, Moshiri.

Then he only signs ballers.

Well I thought that was a gimme, I mean the Agents can only get clubs to bid, they dont determine our selling price.

Do you think Brands rings around 600 clubs asking them if they want to buy Niasse.
He should have. Too late now. I hope between now and July he calls 600 clubs to get shut of Schneiderlin.

Hopefully we'll see some of Gbamin to realise whether the main priority is a CB or a CM, right now it's difficult to say. Not sure we should be looking to sign numerous players for the first team. Seems like we have a strong core with a good relationship with one another, which can pick you up a lot of points.
I think my main focus would be on only recruiting players with big physical presence (6ft+)

Hopefully we'll see some of Gbamin to realise whether the main priority is a CB or a CM, right now it's difficult to say. Not sure we should be looking to sign numerous players for the first team. Seems like we have a strong core with a good relationship with one another, which can pick you up a lot of points.
I think my main focus would be on only recruiting players with big physical presence (6ft+)
If Gomes and Gbamin come back and look decent I would actually prioritise a right winger (or right sided midfielder depending on the system Ancelotti wants to play). We only have Walcott for that position currently and I would rather he played less. In fact I think our whole right hand side could be improved and with Holgate coming on leaps and bounds this season and the two G's coming back to CM I would be looking down the right (although with Keane, Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson stinking the place out if we can move some or all of them on we would obviously need CB and CM players as well but I worry we won't be able to sell them).

Brands must surely be working on finding buyers for exactly these types of players now, so that they can be moved on as quickly as possible in the summer window. It won't be an easy task but he is paid a very large sum of money to achieve that precise task. We definitely need some new faces in the summer but we have got to allocate equal priority to reducing the wage bill.

I’m sure there is lots of work going on behind the scenes to get these players off the books. The ones on big wages who aren’t willing to leave are a tough task though - we can’t force them to leave or force clubs to bid for them.

So who are all the out of contract players we should be pursuing on a free? Great way to save some transfer cash for those Brazilians.

Do we try and get Meunier, and have Sidibe as plan B if we cant? Do you sign someone like Leo Santos on a punt to be your 4th string CB? Is Willian worth pursuing and taking on the wages, as he plays RW despite not being left footed? These are the real questions that should keep you up at night until you angrily post "what have we been doing all spring?" when no one is signed the first day of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.