Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who should we be signing then?

Also Pickford wasn’t hugely rated when we signed him it was more after the WC and a hell of a lot of people were pointing out the vast amount of goals he let in for Sunderland

To be honest I don't care who we are signing in terms of age or value as long as they are actually good and fit in to our system.

Pickford ticks the boxes of what you said we should be looking at signing I reckon. It's hard to tell how a player will turn out anyway but we have signed a fair few of that type of player. I would even say Tarashaj was in that bracket, he was very highly regarded before he came here and then, well no idea what happened there he just fell off a cliff for some reason.

Kenny isn’t worth anything approaching 15 million mate. I’d say his market value is about a third of that, max.

I think you missed the point.

With the Pjanic/Arthut swap + cash Juve and Barca have inflated the players transfer fees to get around FFP.

If, as you suggest Kenny is worth £5mil and McKennie £15mil then the difference is £10mil.

We could massage those figures to £15mil for Kenny and £25mil for McKennie.

That means on FFP the £15mil for Kenny is all profit and allows us to spend £75mil on players if we give them 5 year contracts as the cost is spread over the length of the deal per FFP.

£25mil is shown on the books for McKennie which gives us £50mil more to spend.

I don’t quite understand how I, am uneducated fan, can see clearly that a signing is going to be crap but our DoFs spend millions on them. Especially those signings who can’t get into a team that is ahead of us in the league. If we’re a few places off a team that we’re hoping to catch up to, why do we think taking their cast offs will somehow help us compete?

Walcott never lived up to his potential
Bolasie was turd for Palace, scores once a season
Iwobi nothing player and panic buy
Delph injury prone and poo attitude

I can understand the logic behind some of our signings that haven’t quite worked out. Some like Kean and Gbamin could still come good and are offset by the talented younger players that do succeed (Richarlison, etc.). Some like Sigurdsson were decent to good players that have regressed or at least progressed. But FFS do we waste money....

I don’t quite understand how I, am uneducated fan, can see clearly that a signing is going to be crap but our DoFs spend millions on them. Especially those signings who can’t get into a team that is ahead of us in the league. If we’re a few places off a team that we’re hoping to catch up to, why do we think taking their cast offs will somehow help us compete?

I can understand the logic behind some of our signings that haven’t quite worked out. Some like Kean and Gbamin could still come good and are offset by the talented younger players that do succeed (Richarlison, etc.). Some like Sigurdsson were decent to good players that have regressed or at least progressed. But FFS do we waste money....

The formation change to 442 means that of all the midfielders we have only Gordon and Gbamin suit the system. We need to plan for Gbamin to be a different player after his injury as well.

Weve got to have a mass exodus in midfield and recycle any funds into buying players who suit 442.

It looks like a lot of signings were random and not bought with a plan or blueprint in mind

With the Pjanic/Arthut swap + cash Juve and Barca have inflated the players transfer fees to get around FFP.

If, as you suggest Kenny is worth £5mil and McKennie £15mil then the difference is £10mil.

That means on FFP the £15mil for Kenny is all profit and allows us to spend £75mil on players if we give them 5 year contracts as the cost is spread over the length of the deal per FFP.

Fair enough, sounds a bit outlandish to me. Both the someone paying money for Kenny bit, and the elaborate fiendish plan to get around FFP.

Fair enough, sounds a bit outlandish to me. Both the someone paying money for Kenny bit, and the elaborate fiendish plan to get around FFP.

They arent paying for Kenny though.

Its a swap deal where the players have to have a value shown on the books.

It wont say, Kenny (free) McKennie (£10mil).

Theres going to be a valuation for the books. Also, its hardly elaborate or fiendish when its literally just been done last week by another teams at a far higher level of outrageousness.

They arent paying for Kenny though.

Its a swap deal where the players have to have a value shown on the books.

It wont say, Kenny (free) McKennie (£10mil).

Theres going to be a valuation for the books. Also, its hardly elaborate or fiendish when its literally just been done last week by another teams at a far higher level of outrageousness.

I’m all for it. It does sound a bit elaborate though! But if it helps us get past the blag FFP punishments then I genuinely am all for it!

Ok I have decided I want Zaha. Thanks. 45M Bring him on

im all for a Mckennie and Bailey! Thoughts on either. I’ve watched loads of McKennie and think he would suit us wonderfully. USMNT and Shalke he is the workhorse of the entire midfield. All I know about bailey is he is swift

Bailey was great until this season but has lost his place. So not sure if hes reached full potential or just having an off year.

Tbh not too sure on him or McKennie myself. If were looking at Germany id want Denis Zakaria.

I don’t understand ffp at all, but the fact that it’s so easy to manipulate makes it even more of a joke.

The formation change to 442 means that of all the midfielders we have only Gordon and Gbamin suit the system. We need to plan for Gbamin to be a different player after his injury as well.

Weve got to have a mass exodus in midfield and recycle any funds into buying players who suit 442.

It looks like a lot of signings were random and not bought with a plan or blueprint in mind

It’s not the formation though, those players I listed are just utter tosh, waste of money, regardless of what we’re playing

Delph was at least cheap. And sadly he may be our best midfielder when fit. We’re that poor in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.