Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves have spent a similar amount to us over the last 4/5 years. And like I’ve mentioned a few times regarding wolves. Hardly had an injury of note in 2 seasons.

That’s huge when you can constantly pick your best team. And have your best back up players on the bench. And rest one or two, when it suits you. Not being forced to on the back of injuries
They've spent over 400 million? Must have missed that. Look obviously they've spent money and have some kind of deal with an agent who parks players there which helps. But they are well ahead of us and have only been up for a few years it shows you what consistently good recruitment and management does. We have had years of chopping and changing and poor management and recruitment we are only just turning it around now squad wise. I take the point on injuries but all that does is make me ask why we get so many. And even without the injuries I don't see us much closer to the top six.

Nobody will pay him 140k a week.

He will see out his contract here.

I dunno - he seems a decent lad who wants to play football - I think if Carlo said he doesnt feature in his plans he'll move on if a half decent team showed interest.

Compare that to the likes of Tosun happy to sit on his pay packet "determined" to fight for his EFC play when he knows full well he isn't getting a sniff.

Moutinho and Neves are the best pairing in the league for me, depends what mood Pogba is in at United.

Nobody really knows how a Gmblammo and Gomes midfield would have gone if neither had been injured, but people seem to forget that Gomes has pretty much missed 8 months of football this season and they expect him to play like he hasnt.
I agree. I just don’t like it when people make excuses for us not competing near the top like Leicester and wolves. Injuries and VAR are most certainly very little to do with the difference in the qualities of the teams as someone previously posted. They do have established first elevens though and I don’t think we do. That’s more to do with the fact that bar about 4/5, the rest are much of a muchness and distinctly average. If we’d bought better, the players would be nailed on starters. I mean who would have thought that after two years of buying Mina, he still wouldn’t be an established starter? Just one example on a long list.

I dunno - he seems a decent lad who wants to play football - I think if Carlo said he doesnt feature in his plans he'll move on if a half decent team showed interest.

Compare that to the likes of Tosun happy to sit on his pay packet "determined" to fight for his EFC play when he knows full well he isn't getting a sniff.
Wasn't Tosun injured on loan at Palace?

They've spent over 400 million? Must have missed that. Look obviously they've spent money and have some kind of deal with an agent who parks players there which helps. But they are well ahead of us and have only been up for a few years it shows you what consistently good recruitment and management does. We have had years of chopping and changing and poor management and recruitment we are only just turning it around now squad wise. I take the point on injuries but all that does is make me ask why we get so many. And even without the injuries I don't see us much closer to the top six.
Good point. And this league is not a high quality league. Wolves came up and finished 6th in their first season? I may be wrong but close. It’s literally one good summer of recruitment and you can smash half the league. All this building malarkey for three or four years is just another excuse

Wolves are not better than us because of injuries and luck. They are better than us because they have better players. Gbamin aside, who’s actually been injured of any note?
Well Gomes has missed quite a bit of the season, Delph also. We’ve been forced to play Schneiderlin, Davies and siggurdsson in midfield, Walcott has missed games. I think Bernard was out for over a month. I’m sure iwobi was out for a spell to.

League cup Q/final v Leicester we had about 8 players out. And a midfield of Davies & holgate.

Well Gomes has missed quite a bit of the season, Delph also. We’ve been forced to play Schneiderlin, Davies and siggurdsson in midfield, Walcott has missed games. I think Bernard was out for over a month. I’m sure iwobi was out for a spell to.

League cup Q/final v Leicester we had about 8 players out. And a midfield of Davies & holgate.
I know we’ve had injuries but my point was that none of the players are any good. We could have had a full eleven and we wouldn’t be near Wolves. They have far better players

I know we’ve had injuries but my point was that none of the players are any good. We could have had a full eleven and we wouldn’t be near Wolves. They have far better players
Good recruitment. This summer we can close the gap with Carlo getting the players he wants.

Apart from going on loan at Palace, your mind is all crazies!

Our debt on spending is about 230mil in 4/5yrs. Wolves Debt is virtually the same.

They play a set pattern 5 at the back, 3 in midfield 2 up front. And when you have no injuries. It helps to build partnerships and a settled team and breeds confidence . Also it helps that you can have a strong bench and make strong changes late in games. Not a bench full of kids or utter rubbish.

I’m not saying but for injuries we’d be were wolves and Leicester are. Or for the horrendous 4 or 5 VAR decisions against us , but we’d be a lot closer imo. And hopefully now with a quality manager and a few quality additions, I expect us to be challenging theses teams next season. But luck will also have to be on our side for once.

Our debt on spending is about 230mil in 4/5yrs. Wolves Debt is virtually the same.

They play a set pattern 5 at the back, 3 in midfield 2 up front. And when you have no injuries. It helps to build partnerships and a settled team and breeds confidence . Also it helps that you can have a strong bench and make strong changes late in games. Not a bench full of kids or utter rubbish.

I’m not saying but for injuries we’d be were wolves and Leicester are. Or for the horrendous 4 or 5 VAR decisions against us , but we’d be a lot closer imo. And hopefully now with a quality manager and a few quality additions, I expect us to be challenging theses teams next season. But luck will also have to be on our side for once.
I hope you are right but I am just tired of the let downs. I don't even expect top six I just expect us to be challenging for Europa league places initially and the two clubs I mention are mixing it with the top six currently. No more hard luck stories give Ancelotti the tools he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.