Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't claim to be any better or worst than anyone else on here. We all want the same thing. I think by my posts I have shown to just care, probably too much.
I have been to every game home and away this season bar two when I was away. My judgements are based on what I have seen with my own eyes and not what I think or want to guess at.I appreciate everyone has an opinion.

Pickford to me gets a load of unnecessary stick. The EFC fans have not taken to him, maybe because of his personality and also the Origi goal really killed him to the supporters. He can make 10 fantastic saves a game and will always be remembered for the one mistake he makes. I think Carlo needs to decide on him, back him or sell him. If he backs him, we need to lay off him

Baines I think will depart in the summer. Digne I keep but he needs to step himself up because he's been very disappointing this season.
Mina and Holgate best partnership, but neither gets in City or the RS team. Cash in on Keane and buy a class no nonsense CB to partner Mina and bring Holgates game to a new level he could potentially now get too.

RB - major issues. Sidibe is too cold. One good game followed by a disaster. He is a wing back and not cut out for general full back. Coleman for me is no more than a back up, but needs to play Sunday
Kenny - Been getting good reviews in Germany. Would like to see him back

CM - Major issues. Gomes stays. Delph stays. Gylfi and morgan Go. Davies is loaned out for a season to a newly promoted team.

Wings - Bernard stays. Walcott is a tough one but at his age I'd be looking to move him on now. Iwobi has been a major disappointment but for me he stays another season, same as Delph

FW - Tosun goes, DCL stays and gets a new contract and we build a team around Richy, whatever it takes. Kean gets another season

We need to sort the right hand side out, get a CB and 2 class CM, one stopper in the Kante roll and one creative. That's already 5 players without looking at a striker and keeper.

thats too many players, we wont be able to spend that much money...i think we will pay big for maybe 2 players and then maybe youth signings, difficult too know which positions the 2 signings should be tho
Centre midfield and right wing. I believe we have enough potential in the other positions for Carlo to work with and improve. Walcott/Siggy/Schneiderlin are past improving. 2 or 3 quality players in the right Areas makes a huge difference imo

I don't claim to be any better or worst than anyone else on here. We all want the same thing. I think by my posts I have shown to just care, probably too much.
I have been to every game home and away this season bar two when I was away. My judgements are based on what I have seen with my own eyes and not what I think or want to guess at.I appreciate everyone has an opinion.

Pickford to me gets a load of unnecessary stick. The EFC fans have not taken to him, maybe because of his personality and also the Origi goal really killed him to the supporters. He can make 10 fantastic saves a game and will always be remembered for the one mistake he makes. I think Carlo needs to decide on him, back him or sell him. If he backs him, we need to lay off him

Baines I think will depart in the summer. Digne I keep but he needs to step himself up because he's been very disappointing this season.
Mina and Holgate best partnership, but neither gets in City or the RS team. Cash in on Keane and buy a class no nonsense CB to partner Mina and bring Holgates game to a new level he could potentially now get too.

RB - major issues. Sidibe is too cold. One good game followed by a disaster. He is a wing back and not cut out for general full back. Coleman for me is no more than a back up, but needs to play Sunday

CM - Major issues. Gomes stays. Delph stays. Gylfi and morgan Go. Davies is loaned out for a season to a newly promoted team.

Wings - Bernard stays. Walcott is a tough one but at his age I'd be looking to move him on now. Iwobi has been a major disappointment but for me he stays another season, same as Delph

FW - Tosun goes, DCL stays and gets a new contract and we build a team around Richy, whatever it takes. Kean gets another season

We need to sort the right hand side out, get a CB and 2 class CM, one stopper in the Kante roll and one creative. That's already 5 players without looking at a striker and keeper.
We aren't selling any of the wingers. We have 3. We probably won't be signing more than one more in the summer. So the rest stay or we're short at that position. We don't really want a RB playing RM again.

We can't move on that many CMs. I imagine Davies hangs around and maybe Schneiderlin too. Definitely an area to spend though.

I think Sidibe has firmly played himself out of coming back here next year. I really don't know about Kenny. Looks to me like we are going to need a good signing here as well.

Pickford has been bad this season. People might be unnecessarily harsh at times, but on the whole he's been at least a bottom half keeper. That won't be good enough.

For me we need a CM, RW, RB and CB. Anything else is a bonus.

Outs and reasons why:
Stekelenberg - we need somebody to push Pickford to improve, and he isn't the answer
Martina - out of contract
Baines - out of contract
Keane - big wages, behind Holgate in the pecking order, not trusted by Ancelotti
Sigurdsson - big wages, we don't play to his previous strengths (#10), can't play on the wing and last chance to recoup a fee
Tosun - clearly not wanted by Ancelotti
Niasse - out of contract
Bolasie - won't be wanted by Ancelotti, doubtful we'll find a taker, but will be at least loaned out for his final year
Sandro - won't be wanted by Ancelotti, doubtful we'll find a taker, but will be at least loaned out for his final year
Schneiderlin - hoping Ancelotti wants rid of either him or Delph, and can see him as most likely to depart

I would love to add Iwobi/Walcott/Davies to the list, but I don't think it's realistic to add them.

Outs and reasons why:
Stekelenberg - we need somebody to push Pickford to improve, and he isn't the answer
Baines - out of contract
Keane - big wages, behind Holgate in the pecking order, not trusted by Ancelotti
Sigurdsson - big wages, we don't play to his previous strengths (#10), can't play on the wing and last chance to recoup a fee
Niasse - out of contract
Bolasie - won't be wanted by Ancelotti, doubtful we'll find a taker, but will be at least loaned out for his final year
Sandro - won't be wanted by Ancelotti, doubtful we'll find a taker, but will be at least loaned out for his final year
Schneiderlin - hoping Ancelotti wants rid of either him or Delph, and can see him as most likely to depart

I would love to add Iwobi/Walcott/Davies to the list, but I don't think it's realistic to add them.

Walcott will be out of contract in 2021 summer. Probably we can get something from him in this summer if we even dont let him on bench.
Maybe he will go to MLS or back to Southampton.

If the plan is to stick with two up front, there'll need to be heavy investment in midfield. Ideally, two starting wingers and a partner for Gomes.

If Ancelotti decides to that he needs to drop Richarlison back into midfield, a lone striker will need to come in and replace Calvert-Lewin.

In the event that money is very tight again, the easiest option may be to go with the 3-5-2/3-4-3 that's been tried a few times lately. That seems to be the best bet if the squad isn't going to change much, since it makes it easier to fit in the various players that are neither here nor there in terms of position.

Assuming we miss out on Europe which looks very likely now we've let Arsenal catch up ground & those above to move ahead:

1x - CF - priority
1x - CM - priority
1x - RW - priority
1x - RB - priority
1x- LW
1x - CB - back up
1x - GK - back up

7 players we realistically need. We'll need to use the loan market for atleast 2 positions you would imagine.

For me CM, RW, ST & RB all priorities that need big money spending on them.
1x GK-back up
1x CB
2x CM
1x RW
1x CF

Centre midfield and right wing. I believe we have enough potential in the other positions for Carlo to work with and improve. Walcott/Siggy/Schneiderlin are past improving. 2 or 3 quality players in the right Areas makes a huge difference imo
CM RW CB RB
All starters or no point in signing them
We aren't selling any of the wingers. We have 3. We probably won't be signing more than one more in the summer. So the rest stay or we're short at that position. We don't really want a RB playing RM again.

We can't move on that many CMs. I imagine Davies hangs around and maybe Schneiderlin too. Definitely an area to spend though.

I think Sidibe has firmly played himself out of coming back here next year. I really don't know about Kenny. Looks to me like we are going to need a good signing here as well.

Pickford has been bad this season. People might be unnecessarily harsh at times, but on the whole he's been at least a bottom half keeper. That won't be good enough.

For me we need a CM, RW, RB and CB. Anything else is a bonus.
Outs and reasons why:
Baines - out of contract
Niasse - out of contract

The quotes from Ancelotti seem to be spelling the end for Sidibe (and Coleman whose behind him in the pecking order) and Baines.

Keane also hasnt been favoured and i think may choose to leave to push for an England place (lol).

We would then need:
1 × RB (Bring Kenny back)
2 × CB (Mina and Holgate to stay + Gibson loan)
1 × LB (Competing with Digne)

Thats just for the defence.

In the centre i think its plainly obvious that Gomes is considered first choice, Gbamin an unknown and the others have been dreadful (Davies may stay to fill emergencies and homegrown).

So we need:
2 × CM (With Gomes + Gbamin + Davies)
1 × RM (Two if we can punt walcott)

Thats already 7 players without looking at another keeper or forward.

In terms of key signings, RB + CB + CM + RM are the most critical.

Ive always said, after this summer we should only need one more summer to complete the squad.

The quotes from Ancelotti seem to be spelling the end for Sidibe (and Coleman whose behind him in the pecking order) and Baines.

Keane also hasnt been favoured and i think may choose to leave to push for an England place (lol).

We would then need:
1 × RB (Bring Kenny back)
2 × CB (Mina and Holgate to stay + Gibson loan)
1 × LB (Competing with Digne)

Thats just for the defence.

In the centre i think its plainly obvious that Gomes is considered first choice, Gbamin an unknown and the others have been dreadful (Davies may stay to fill emergencies and homegrown).

So we need:
2 × CM (With Gomes + Gbamin + Davies)
1 × RM (Two if we can punt walcott)

Thats already 7 players without looking at another keeper or forward.

In terms of key signings, RB + CB + CM + RM are the most critical.

Ive always said, after this summer we should only need one more summer to complete the squad.
I highly doubt that we sign 7 first team players. Keane won't be allowed to leave and one of Baines and Coleman will stay as cover. Losing all but 3 of your defenders is way too much turnover for one summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.