Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree I think we will have money to spend. Ancelotti hasn’t come here with no money to spend
Obviously FFP is an issue, but none of us really know how big an issue it is. And we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes, regarding new sponsorship.

I think Baines will go and we will buy a young left back
We don't know the exact figures but we know we've been spending well beyond our means for a few years and that isn't sustainable under FFP. I hope we can afford 2/3 players that will improve the first 11, but I think a lot will depend on who we can ship out. I'd be surprised if we had a net spend of more than £30m though.

I'm not seeing how we plug all of the holes with the funds likely to be available. Not much comes off until 2021 and 2022, and I don't see how we move the albatross contracts. Striker and goalkeeper, which people would like to see upgrades to, seem like luxuries beyond our present reach.

I'd be inclined to conclude based on today that we need 2x CM (one to start next to Gomes and one to cover unless Gbamin gets healthy and proves himself), RW and RB sorted pronto, plus injury cover all over the pitch. Brands will have to find some true diamonds in the rough to get that done on the shoestring he's likely to be working with.

Assuming we miss out on Europe which looks very likely now we've let Arsenal catch up ground & those above to move ahead:

1x - CF - priority
1x - CM - priority
1x - RW - priority
1x - RB - priority
1x- LW
1x - CB - back up
1x - GK - back up

7 players we realistically need. We'll need to use the loan market for atleast 2 positions you would imagine.

For me CM, RW, ST & RB all priorities that need big money spending on them.

Assuming we miss out on Europe which looks very likely now we've let Arsenal catch up ground & those above to move ahead:

1x - CF - priority
1x - CM - priority
1x - RW - priority
1x - RB - priority
1x- LW
1x - CB - back up
1x - GK - back up

7 players we realistically need. We'll need to use the loan market for atleast 2 positions you would imagine.

1x GK-back up
1x CB
2x CM
1x RW
1x CF

1x - CF - priority
1x - CM - priority
1x - RW - priority
1x - RB - priority
1x- LW
1x - CB - back up
1x - GK - back up

We also need LB backup. Baines May retire. I guess that could be Delph?

1x - CF - priority
1x - CM - priority
1x - RW - priority
1x - RB - priority
1x- LW
1x - CB - back up
1x - GK - back up

thats too many players, we wont be able to spend that much money...i think we will pay big for maybe 2 players and then maybe youth signings, difficult too know which positions the 2 signings should be tho

Status
Not open for further replies.