Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obligatory YouTube vid (Come on, you lot are slipping :D )

Still young, likes to dribble and can hit it from distance.

Obviously, highlight reels are never a good way to judge a player (especially given the lack of quality in that league)
Needs to sort that 'tache out as well the little meff.

I literally have zero excitement for the window because I feel like I’ll have to endure half of these money grabbing mercenaries for another season
Yeah I know people disagreed with me a couple of days ago but I just don't see how, with the uncertainty around, we will be able to

a) splurge money on big signings
b) find people to take our expensive, ill-suited players / dross

I literally have zero excitement for the window because I feel like I’ll have to endure half of these money grabbing mercenaries for another season
But at least they’ll have had coaching from a top manager. I’ve said it before, the solutions have to emerge from the current squad as much as the market.

What?

I really don’t follow, transfers do change things because you improve on the dross we currently have to witness week in week out.
Yes definitely. But transfers have been taking place on a regular basis under the current ownership - huge player turnover; throwing good money after bad. At some point you have to stick, to some degree, and go with what you have with the addition of one or two smart buys.

Wholesale change has to end in my opinion.

Going to be a strange old transfer window this one I reckon, probably easier to buy players (and for lower fees) than before, but potentially even more difficult to shift the rubbish? What's needed is a good few of the lower end clubs to be struggling a bit financially, nothing too serious but enough that they can't hang on to their best players and have no choice but to replace them with our cast-offs. The likes of Villa, Brighton etc.

Going to be a strange old transfer window this one I reckon, probably easier to buy players (and for lower fees) than before, but potentially even more difficult to shift the rubbish? What's needed is a good few of the lower end clubs to be struggling a bit financially, nothing too serious but enough that they can't hang on to their best players and have no choice but to replace them with our cast-offs. The likes of Villa, Brighton etc.

Who’s going to take a player on a £100k week contract and that player won’t move as wages will also take a huge hit going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.