Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can get Gbamin and Delph fit then that gets rid of the prospect of having to watch Davies Siggurdson it Iwobi deputise for Allnnor Doucoure. Holgate and Branthwaite back fit to cover for the defence.

I honestly think we just need a quality utility player who could cover CB, holding mid and right back for a period until all the above are fit.

it would be great to go out and splash 100 million on a top quality right back, keeper, and right winger but I can’t see it happening.

Gordon to get more squad time, Gbamin Holgate and Delph back fit and a lot of our problems go away.

The business I’ve been screaming out for.

Young, hungry talent who’d instantly give us a fresh dynamic.

£30m is a massive no go unless we’re doing an obligation to buy next summer.
Not saying he isn't a decent player, but at the moment our needs are elsewhere and I don't think, unless we make some surprising sales, that we have £30m to spend on anybody at the moment.

chelsea can't afford to ship zouma or tomori out right now

Here's a quote from Lampard which I found interesting. It's regarding Thiago Silva's defensive partner:

"There are players here that can speak the languages that he can, with French being the main one. But we also have lads here that can speak Portuguese and Italian, which Thiago can, and they can interact with him."

Surely this puts Zouma in pole position?

If we can get Gbamin and Delph fit then that gets rid of the prospect of having to watch Davies Siggurdson it Iwobi deputise for Allnnor Doucoure. Holgate and Branthwaite back fit to cover for the defence.

I honestly think we just need a quality utility player who could cover CB, holding mid and right back for a period until all the above are fit.

it would be great to go out and splash 100 million on a top quality right back, keeper, and right winger but I can’t see it happening.

Gordon to get more squad time, Gbamin Holgate and Delph back fit and a lot of our problems go away.

Callum Connolly?

So youre disagreeing with me. Sorry i didnt follow your initial point.

I see now that you rate Bernard, Iwobi and Kenny as good enough players for the squad. Players that you would be happy starting in the first eleven.

Fair enough, all about opinions.

Youve literally just disagreed with me and provided the names of, Bernard, Iwobi and Kenny as good enough players for the squad and first eleven.

Now youre listing several of the positions i mentioned (which you disagreed with)?

How peculiar.

Funnily enough, the players I mentioned and those very same positions were the exact same ones i posted about...which you disagreed with

Whoops! Youre all over the place now.

One minute Kenny is good enough and now he isnt!

Disagree with me....then agree with me...

Then double down on agreeing with me!

No doubt a sudden riposte with some 'amusing' caveat about kids or other nonsense.

How bizarre...
Calm down Zat
I said they were backups
I did not say they were good enough
I said every back up does not have to be a child
For all we Know Nkounkou may be a terrible back up defensively for Digne ,as he has yet to be tested either offensively or defensively at PL level
How many coaches are happy that their second 11 would hold their own in the PL

I think I’m in the majority here, but I’d take Delph over Davies. Even allowing for his poor attitude. The contrast was stark when Delph (who I thought played well at Fleetwood moving the ball on quickly) was replaced by Davies (who slowed everything down and reverted to sideways and backwards passing). I’d love Tom Davies to come good, but I’ve seen no improvement in his play even under the guidance of Carlo.

Delph hasn't been able bodied for years , he won't suddenly become an injury free zone

What’s everyone’s obsession with saying we need a RB, if Coleman carries on playing like he is and JJK as a steady back up we don’t need a rb. I know A lot will disagree because “Coleman’s finished” and “JJK isn’t good enough”. I’m like the fact there proving the haters wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.