Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of those has not kicked a ball for us in twelve months , is after two long term injuries and we have no idea where he is fitness wise. and somehow I doubt that Carlo expects JR to be shoring up a depleted centre midfield and I would guess that JR expects to do so even less.

If Tom Davies is sold, I definitely think he will have to be replaced.

No he won't. 6 players for 3 positions with 1 injured at the mo. We're probably in a better position than over half the premier league and we may not even sell Delph.

If injuries get that bad we can bring in somebody from the academy or switch to 3 at the back. Even Bernard or Iwobi can play there too if need be

I've said before that we may make some decisions on outs that we'd ideally prefer not to make because the Covid market is making it even harder than it is already to offload the likes of Sandro, Besic, Bolasie et al (high wages, injuries, form...so much risk). This does not mean eg Digne, DCL, Richarlison but it might mean Tom Davies being sold (seems we are not keen on a loan) rather than Delph because it generates a book profit & raises more cash. Similarly Kenny if we can find a taker.

Anyone thinking we can easily offload all the dross is probably going to be very disappointed. If Brands can shift more than 1-2 of the 9-10 'surplus' players that got widely named a week ago he'll have performed a small miracle in the current circumstances. It is pretty likely that the majority of them are going to be here taking up space & burning through wages until at least January.

The last 2-3 days of the window will be when most of any progress we can make will happen & it follows that anything we can do inbound may also be very late. I hope we might swing a CB loan sooner but I am not betting on it.

i should add Tomori very unlikely it seems. Frank keen to keep him & player prepared to battle for a spot.

I think anything we get from here will be loans as I really think we will struggle to get many players out unless we agree to subsidise wages heavily.

Its a sad sign of poor management in previous years and while we can be positive about the current regime, we can only imagine what they could do if they didn’t have one arm tied behind their backs due to poor financial management in the last 5 years.

It was always gonna be a tough ask to get any outs from them wasters, They are on such high wages and are such garbage footballers it's near impossible, You have to find another team as stupid as Everton.

Next year is where the party starts;
Bolasie - gone.
Walcott - gone.
Sandro - gone.
Besic - gone.
Pennington - gone.

It was always gonna be a tough ask to get any outs from them wasters, They are on such high wages and are such garbage footballers it's near impossible, You have to find another team as stupid as Everton.

Next year is where the party starts;
Bolasie - gone.
Walcott - gone.
Sandro - gone.
Besic - gone.
Pennington - gone.
300k per week off the wage bill. Or 15m per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.