Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive never not wanted him, I've always felt he was out of reach from a financial POV.

That stance has not changed.

We went up to 52m last summer for him and Palace didn't even flinch, doubt he costs much less than that.

His wages would be astronomical too.
Zaha is an excellent footballer, but I think we would look for a cheaper overall package with a chance to develop, if we do indeed sign another RW.

But we need cover if either gets injured we are playing Coleman or Digne at CB currently. Gibson is off on loan or at least is not seen as ready. And also Keane and Mina are quite simiiar we need more pace back there.

I know it feels risky as we have Holgate and Branthwaite out.. so safety first is get one in.. and it’s probably the right thing to do... I am being hopeful that the players will be back soon, then Keane, Mina and Branthwaite cycle the other spot and we have two in cover..

My take is we have two RB, two LB etc.. so Do we need more than 4 CBs for two positions?
Right now I know we have two as two are unfit..
As said, I know it’s risky and I would fully understand if we do get additional cover.. just would want us to prioritize a RB with a view to a long term solution.

I know it feels risky as we have Holgate and Branthwaite out.. so safety first is get one in.. and it’s probably the right thing to do... I am being hopeful that the players will be back soon, then Keane, Mina and Branthwaite cycle the other spot and we have two in cover..

My take is we have two RB, two LB etc.. so Do we need more than 4 CBs for two positions?
Right now I know we have two as two are unfit..
As said, I know it’s risky and I would fully understand if we do get additional cover.. just would want us to prioritize a RB with a view to a long term solution.
I'd hope we are trying to do both but it may depend on outgoings.

Zaha suits how Palace play as a fast counterattack team. I would rather find someone more reasonably priced and with more room to grow myself. But if we really are going all out this season/next, plus we can shift alot of dead wood and he can be bought for around 30m why not...

Zaha suits how Palace play as a fast counterattack team. I would rather find someone more reasonably priced and with more room to grow myself. But if we really are going all out this season/next, plus we can shift alot of dead wood and he can be bought for around 30m why not...

no way palace are going to let him out on the cheap. He’s scored most of their goals

Status
Not open for further replies.