Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walcott - will remain part of the squad and be released next summer
Bolasie - will remain part of the squad and be released next summer
Delph - hampered by injuries. Age and reported wages will make him difficult to sell
Sandro - can only hope a Spanish club take him on loan again. The memory of Steve Walsh is strong here
Besic - may get a Championship loan before he's released and has to settled for a quarter of the wage we paid him elsewhere
Davies - won't go anywhere, will remain a squad player and be given every opportunity to develop
Jonjo - who knows? If Ancelotti likes him, he'll stay and will compete. If not, I'm sure there will be suitors.
Gylfi - will remain a squad option, may negotiate a move to the MLS in the January window if not, see Walcott/Bolasie
Iwobi - is part of the squad, will be given every opportunity to play on a rotation basis.
Bernard - is part of the squad, will be given every opportunity to play on a rotation basis.
Kean - is part of the squad, will be given every opportunity to play on a rotation basis. We CANNOT play the same XI every week, you need a deep squad.
Braithwaite - will probably remain at the club to learn, loan a possibility in January
Gibson - sure the club will look to loan him out once more to the highest level possible, will be make or break for him this time.

All 100% conjecture obviously. We can't just "sell everyone" as we still need most of them to form a squad, and thanks to Walsh/Koeman there is little market for them due to their wages.

Big assumption about Bolasie considering he hasn’t been part of the squad for 3 years. I think he will get another loan we’re we pay part of the wage, same for Besic and Sandro. Agree over kenny but only be sold if we have a replacement first however plenty would take him. Agree with everything else u said tho, unless we get someone else in first (probably on loan) the rest will have to stay and see out there contracts. On the positive side, we have a lot of players out of contract next summer, it should free up sufficient budget for one or two markee signings next summer

We paid £30m, for Kean who had one year left on his contract. Why would we sell him for the same or even less? We got James for free... Or whatever. Why would anyone be okay with £30m for a playerJuve REALLY didn't want to let go?

It was £25m if I remember rightly. If we were to sell kean I'd want £40m minimum.

We only got him for 25m because he had a year left on his contract.

we gave everyone in the league a 15 game head start last season. We had played more games then had points when we got rid of Silva and up untill lockdown we had picked up the 3rd most points in the league from when anchelotti came in.

Now we've added real quality to the midfield and we're still looking to bring in a rb, rw and a cb wheather we do or not remains to be seen but we as a fan base should be looking up not down.

This negative above all else and no matter what attitude is what drags this football club down. If you as a evertonion aren't buzzing about this season, aren't excited about what can be in this new anchelotti era at the club. Then what's the point in even supporting everton or any team because you'll never get any happiness out of football.

If your opinion is I'll get excited when we win something or "do" something then go and support city or real Madrid or someone because your not supporting everton with that attitude.

*obviously when I say "you" or "your" I don't mean you specifically just people with that attitude in general :D
Don't particularly want this to develop into a saga, but I think the endless negativity of the recent dark ages for our club may have made you extra sensitive to negativity. In general, I'm not sensing lots of hand-wringing, or slating of the club acquisition policy, and I doubt that there's anybody at all who isn't excited at the prospect of a full season with this manager and these new, quality, players. This doesn't mean that you can't still devote a little bit of your head to prudent risk management, and think, "We could ideally do with an additional option here, or a touch of extra cover there". If the Car Fairy magically replaced my standard saloon car with a Ferrari, I think I can be wildly excited, but (without being ungrateful or curmudgeonly) also still note that I need to have one of the tyres looked at and call for fuel on the first trip out.

Excited, just for the record.

You‘ve got a strange obsession with me. Would you like me to sign your ma’s tits?

Attention seeking, vulgar, weirdo.

If only there was some intellect there...perhaps you need a STOP sign to appear before you click post?

Rhetorical.

Tell you what, people thinking we can challenge top 4 with a couple more signings are bonkers. We’re still miles off.

Listen to yourself. A few weeks ago you were insulting anyone who dared to disagree with your bizarre claims and theories.

Milan linked to Ajer of Celtic for £15m. Would be a smart deal for us since he can cover CB and CDM. Think we need to be making more signings for players that can play multiple positions as it’s a real weakness of ours.

From "we wont spend £25mil this window" to this tripe.

Cant make it up. Just plays computer games and thinks its reality.

Sad to see...all over the place...

Yep I think 6th is achievable. I’m buzzing with the signings we made and the performance at Spurs was great but we still have a crap keeper, crap right-back and very limited sub options. Two defenders out already for a lengthy period & a very tight schedule due to COVID.

Still think we’re another summer window off a top 4 push.

More computer games, slating people for targeting 4th then claiming 6th is achievable...like a punchdrunk boxer...

Wants signings yet claims its a fact we wont spend £25mil...

Imagine never hearing about a player till the Brazil squad list was announced, imagine suggesting he’d be somehow good CB/RB cover for Everton off the back of that, imagine proving you’ve never even seen him before by not realising he’s 5’9”.

Never change Zat you Child Catcher wannabe.

Thank GOT for the ignore button. Problem is when posters like this clog up threads with nonsense and nasty messages.

This the same person who claimed,

"We will not spend more than £25mil this summer" repeatedly as if on some kind of crusade.

Basically a childlike parody of The Esk...who repeatedly insults people.

Back to reality...

Hoping for some outs now + should know today if Tomori is eaving Chelsea or if the Yokohama sponsor in the photo means it was taken last year.

He'd be great...need that buyout clause included ;)

Last edited:

If only there was some intellect there...perhaps you need a STOP sign to appear before you click post?

Rhetorical.

Listen to yourself

More computer games, slating people for targeting 4th then claiming 6th is achievable...like a punchdrunk boxer...

Thank GOT for the ignore button. Problem is when posters like this clog up threads with nonsense and nasty messages.

"We will not spend more than £25mil this summer" repeatedly as if on some kind of crusade.

Basically a childlike parody of The Esk...

Back to reality...

Hoping for some outs now + should know today if Tomori is eaving Chelsea or if the Yokohama sponsor in the photo means it was taken last year.

Nice try turnip.

C8919FCB-5ACF-4A80-8B6A-6AA33960D3B5.png

Goalkeepers: Alisson (Liverpool), Santos (Athletico) and Weverton (Palmeiras)

Defenders: Danilo (Juventus), Gabriel Menino (Palmeiras), Alex Telles (Porto), Felipe (Atlético Madrid), Renan Lodi (Atlético Madrid), Marquinhos (Paris Saint-Germain), Thiago Silva (Chelsea), Rodrigo Caio (Flamengo)

Midfielders: Casemiro (Real Madrid), Fabinho (Liverpool), Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona), Bruno Guimarães (Lyon), Douglas Luiz (Aston Villa), Everton Ribeiro (Flamengo)

Forwards: Roberto Firmino (Liverpool), Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City), Richarlison (Everton) Rodrygo (Real Madrid), Everton (Benfica), Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain)

Gabriel + Ederson + Emerson + Militao + Vinicius + Sandro omitted which seems strange.

Hes gone with Rodrigo Caio at CB who has only ever played in Brazil + Felipe from Atletico whose 31 + Gabriel Menino a 19 year old CB/RB in defence.

Find it quite strange not to have Gabriel + Emerson there. Will be interesting to see Menino if he gets on the pitch.

Bruno Guimaraes is also good value and in France.
Wonder who this Everton Ribeiro is. Google time.

Rhetorical.

Listen to yourself

Basically a childlike parody of The Esk...

Back to reality...

I'd like Tomori Zat but think he will go to Rennes.

I also agree with you that generally I'd never loan a player ( unless it is an elite player ) without an option to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.