Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldnt put it past Jose to sneak the league cup or something, but he will do it at a grind, getting in players of Bales profile. Ultmately the natives will get restless there.

I agree, another huge mistake was selling Christen Eriksen and not replacing him, he was the heart beat of that team and key to most they did.

I suspect Levy, sacked Poch to break up his team really, once the stadium was over the line, its all about the business now and sustaining that as his legacy and the debt they took on. Poch was to popular with the fans and often said transfers were down to Levy. Watch this team be broken up with Value replacements coming in, we are seeing it already frees, value deals and journey men.

Wholly expect Spurs to start the slow decline, this is the end of their cycle.
A cheeky bid for Sanchez perhaps
Him and Mina work well together
Get Arias alongside James and that is 6 south Americans in the first team
7 if we play wee Bernie

I wish people would stop assuming this, it was one great performance against a god awful seemingly unmotivated spurs side.

lets wait a few more games before proclaiming we can go toe to toe with anyone...
I agree it’s only one game..however we made Them look awful, I havnt seen us dominate a game and be in complete control like that before. Only time I was slightly worried was when Sigi came on

I wish people would stop assuming this, it was one great performance against a god awful seemingly unmotivated spurs side.

lets wait a few more games before proclaiming we can go toe to toe with anyone...
Before the window closes we have to play West Brom, Palace and Brighton. If you don’t think that team should win all three without needing additions then we disagree.

I’m not saying we won’t sign anyone before the end of the window, I’m saying we don’t need to panic and I expect us to do the rest of our business late.

Doherty proved he is a wing back not a full back on Sunday
If spurs played a back 5 Doherty would excel
Again, i'm not sure one game 'proves' anything really. I think every year we have a load of people who crow about how great we are and how one of the top 6 is quite obviously there for the taking, and every year we don't do it. Hopefully this year will be different, but i'm going to wait for a bit more evidence before I decide we've overtaken sides that have been beating us and finishing above us for years.

Again, i'm not sure one game 'proves' anything really. I think every year we have a load of people who crow about how great we are and how one of the top 6 is quite obviously there for the taking, and every year we don't do it. Hopefully this year will be different, but i'm going to wait for a bit more evidence before I decide we've overtaken sides that have been beating us and finishing above us for years.
Yeah i totally agree but doesn't it feel different this time and not talking about James either, for once we have put together a good blend of player. We're not going to win the league but we should definitely be more competitive. We look like we have a plan for once.

Yeah i totally agree but doesn't it feel different this time and not talking about James either, for once we have put together a good blend of player. We're not going to win the league but we should definitely be more competitive. We look like we have a plan for once.
Yeah I know what you mean but I've definitely thought that before. If we win the next 4/5 games and get something in the derby I'll be all aboard the hype train don't get me wrong, but it just seems a bit early to have decided we're back and Spurs (in this instance) are finished. Last year there were people who were adamant we should win all of our first 5/6 games and wanted Silva sacking immediately when we didn't. The same people were then saying 6 months later that the squad was an abomination and we were lucky Ancelotti had come because any other manager would have taken us down. There's very little room for balanced opinions in some people's minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.