Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 Under 21 players is madness.

As you say we have 5 currently and that's probably the limit, cos IMO there's a 50% chance that 80% of them wont be good enough.

This window we have clearly gone for some ready-cooked players, but we have plenty of players in and around the squad with potential.

Too much time on your hands. Interesting POV though.

My view is that we have a group of;

22-25
Mjna (25)
Iwobi (24)
Richarlison (23)
Holgate (23)
DCL (23)
Kenny (23)
Davies (22)

These players are all currently featuring in the squad.

Underneath this we then have;

U21
Kean (20)
Gibson (20)
Nkounkou (19)
Gordon (19)
Branthwaite (18)

For me, in an ideal world we first look at the total squad as being 22 years old and above. Lets say we have 23 players in the squad.

We then ideally have 11 players u21 with high potential. Those players then immediately or gradually replace any of the older squad players (Who are then sold). For example, Kean is already in the squad while Gibson and Branthwaite may be gradually introduced.

That way we then have:
2 over 21 keepers
10 over 21 outfield players
1 under 21 keeper
10 under 21 outfield players

That imo is the ideal makeup of the first team squad so we have a conveyor belt of u21s competing and pushing for a starting place.

On the list above we have Kean/Gibson/Nkounkou/Gordon/Branthwaite. Thats 5 u21 players who are either in or close to the squad.

Once they are deemed good enough to replace the 2nd choice player in the squad then they step up and the 2nd choice is sold. If they arent good enough then they themselves are loaned or sold.

This way you are at the point where you have a starting 11 who know they need to be at their best as there are u21s behind them hungry to take their place.

Lol 10 players over 21 years old, are you MAD?!

Not that I think we’d be in for him, the reports about Real Madrid willing to pay half of his wages for a loan are very interesting.

Assuming he’s on £500k pw, paying half that across the year is £13m.

Comparing that to getting Zaha for £50m + £130k pw (~£7m a year) shows the value would be with Bale if they didn’t want a fee on top of the wages.

Carlo’s fall out with the Real owner about Bale might not mean a bad relationship with Bale himself but who knows.

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but just been listening to the All Together podcast and Alan Myers was asked about what he thought we would get as far as further incomings are concerned

He said:

A left back on loan
A centre back on loan
A right back from "not too far away from here", which I took to mean Dalot
And a winger who would be a "cherry on the cake" and a present from the owner

Usually a bit more evasive than that

Surely Zaha would be the winger.

10 Under 21 players is madness.

As you say we have 5 currently and that's probably the limit, cos IMO there's a 50% chance that 80% of them wont be good enough.

This window we have clearly gone for some ready-cooked players, but we have plenty of players in and around the squad with potential.

5 now
Kean / Gordon / Nkounkou / Branthwaite / Gibson

You could say 6 with Virginia as 3rd choice keeper.

Lets say we signed Emerson / Aarons...thats 7.

Perhaps Simms is considered 4th choice centre forward, thats 8.

Then of course there are players like Onyango (@Neiler mentioned), Dobbin etc 9 and 10. Could come through in a year or two. Tyrer number 11...

So, its not 'madness' is it?

Some may not make the squad, so we loan/sell as i posted.

TBH it's a good plan albeit we haven't got the time or patience for it, or the young players (even though we have some I rate highly)

Its an ideal situation of course to have 12 'stars' and the 11 behind with 'star potential'.

Simply going for Emerson (a better player) over Arias would add one u21.

Lol 10 players over 21 years old, are you MAD?!

Ive quite literally not posted that.

Not that I think we’d be in for him, the reports about Real Madrid willing to pay half of his wages for a loan are very interesting.

Comparing that to getting Zaha for £50m + £130k pw (~£7m a year) shows the value would be with Bale if they didn’t want a fee on top of the wages.

Carlo’s fall out with the Real owner about Bale might not mean a bad relationship with Bale himself but who knows.
No way are going to pay Bale 250k a week
Also think this is a non starter

5 now

Then of course there are players like Onyango (@Neiler mentioned), Dobbin etc 9 and 10. Could come through in a year or two. Tyrer number 11...

Its an ideal situation of course to have 12 'stars' and the 11 behind with 'star potential'.

Well going like that although Small is a loong way away from first team he is highly rated to boost your numbers up another

No way are going to pay Bale 250k a week
Also think this is a non starter
Bale shouts.

300k p/w

Get real.

£7.5mil loan fee + £150k a week.

Seeing as we apparently paid £6mil (?) for Zouma for a season thats not a bad deal at all

Surely Zaha would be the winger.
Bale.

5 now

Yes, it's utter madness, you have named about 6 people that will probably never play more than 3 games for the first team, most won't play a single game.

We get how you want to build a squad, maybe it would work in other leagues, but it ain't working here.

Status
Not open for further replies.