Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Ramsey would be in the least interested in coming to Everton, but, if he was then a loan deal might not be the worst idea... depending on loan fee and how the wages are paid.

Certainly a talented player who knows the league well, I would guess a loan may help with FFP and if it were affordable then it might allow us to recruit a younger talent and allow them time to settle rather than be expected to start in the first team immediately.

I would imagine it depends on Ramsey wanting to leave Italy and returning to England
on how badly Juve want him gone,if at all.
how much Juve would want as a loan fee and how much wages they would expect Everton to cover.
What kind of offers Ramsey has elsewhere and would he even consider Everton even if it were affordable?

given ramseys current wage we've as much chance of signing ronaldo

I am not convinced there was a queue of buyers waiting to buy into Everton, then or now.
My understanding is that Kenwright is friendly with David Dein and it was through this connection that contact was made with Moshiri who either was talked into buying Everton or saw the potential of Everton and Liverpool in general.
Admittedly, my opinions are based purely on what's available to the public, but all I see is a situation where someone (Moshiri) finally came along who was willing to invest while keeping Kenwright onboard.

I don't believe that he'd have progressed beyond the NDA stage otherwise.

The Premier League clubs are to receive their full prize money payout for last season after agreeing to delay any reductions caused by the Covid-19 crisis.

The 20 clubs have decided that the Covid-related cuts to TV income, which could total £330 million via rebates to broadcasters, will be spread out over future seasons and will not affect the most recent campaign.

They have also agreed to another advance of solidarity payments to EFL clubs, following the £125 million paid in April that had been due this month, but stopped short of a bailout of the lower-league teams. The decisions were confirmed at last week’s annual general meeting of Premier League clubs’ chief executives and chairmen.

Make it rain.

The Premier League clubs are to receive their full prize money payout for last season after agreeing to delay any reductions caused by the Covid-19 crisis.

The 20 clubs have decided that the Covid-related cuts to TV income, which could total £330 million via rebates to broadcasters, will be spread out over future seasons and will not affect the most recent campaign.

They have also agreed to another advance of solidarity payments to EFL clubs, following the £125 million paid in April that had been due this month, but stopped short of a bailout of the lower-league teams. The decisions were confirmed at last week’s annual general meeting of Premier League clubs’ chief executives and chairmen.

Make it rain.
I don't understand this part. Surely, the broadcasters got more games than ever?

The problem was that once he got the keys, he didn't want to let go.

He would have sooner seen Everton wither away on a retail park in Kirkby than relinquish control to someone who could have facilitated Kings Dock, which is why the club's entire identity has been reshaped in his image.
Worth remembering that the Greggs wanted to own the stadium and lease it Everton .
Given that their sole interest was the stadium , this would have been a less than ideal position for us.
We have seen clubs surrender ownership of their stadiums end up in very tricky situations in the past.
It might of worked out but then again it might have been a bad mistake.
We will of course never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.