Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the esk when he was posting on here. I think the info he got was off piste and he chose to believe someone who let him down (intentionally or not). I think his heart was in the right place.

I listened to one of his podcasts a week or two ago and there seemed there were a lot of random views and arguments thrown around with zero substance. That was my first time, i think there were 4 people on it going on about the players / brands and moshiri and it literally made no sense as it was so random without factual basis.

All conjecture and no substance.

As for the accounting side, i work with numbers and im pretty confident some of the guys ive worked with could easily analyse the clubs finances at a high level. Again though, its pointless because with FFP there are such random factors and rules which negate traditional markets and solutions to problems.

1: We need to move players on...

Thats really very obvious when we had over 35 players in the first team squad eating wages.

2: Brands hasnt done anything with the youth sides

Hasnt he? If not why? Who knows.. no one but those inside the club

3: We have only X million to spend

Total nonsense. There are plenty of ways around FFP.

Ancelotti also usually signs a handful or less players a year. Its unlikely we will sign more than 5 because of that data + the current squad size (even after a mass cull) + the wages need to come down.

I mean its hardly rocket science that we wont sign 10 superstars when Ancelotti and Brands are aligned in an evolution phase of a rebuild.

Not having a dig at him but it seems a bit pointless to analyse finances and link them to transfers or youth development or even capability of directors or coaches without any evidence or link between the two.

For me, i just hope Brands can shift out 15 or 16 more players this window and get us down to 16 ish first teamers. Then of course 5 more signings + youth players are added to the first team for a 23 man squad.

It would make my day to see some of our wasters punted.
I think this is the most sense you've ever made Zat

Seeing as Real Madrid looking to offload players , wonder if Brands has had a try for Andriy Lunin again.
Read he was close to getting him til Real stepped in.
Still very young and a big prospect.

Just moved this to the transfer thread.

I think Brsnds said that he couldnt sign Lunin because of work permit issues beteen UK and Ukraine.

Since Madrid signed him 2 years ago hes been on loan to Leganes (5apps) valladolid (2apps) oviedo (20apps).

He wss in the Ukraine national team before he joined Madrid then last year only 1 appearance.

Not sure if hes someone to watch or hasnt delivered.

I think that Rajkovic or Sirigu could be half decent...perhaps we can sell Lossl for a few mil FFP profit and get someone in like that to push Pickford

Id be quite happy to sell Pickford.

What concerns me is we are woeful as a team right now and all the other teams who finished above us will strengthen their teams this summer.
If it is true about the noises coming out of Everton that we will only be making 2/3 signings then next season will be another right off.
Carlo needs to be backed simple, what is the point of him being here when all he is doing is trying to make a team out of the massive mistakes from Walsh/Brands and previous managers

Reactions: Ivo
Any of the French football gurus know if Malang Sarr would be a decent option on a free transfer? Was highly rated a few season back, not sure how he has developed and is only 21 @Nymzee @Zatara

Any of the French football gurus know if Malang Sarr would be a decent option on a free transfer? Was highly rated a few season back, not sure how he has developed and is only 21 @Nymzee @Zatara

Too short for a CB at 6ft and not fast enough to be a premier league left back.

Hed be a good signing if we had a back 3 and we played him at left centre back i think.

Gabriel is a different creature...hed be up there with Richarlison and Digne.

I think Brsnds said that he couldnt sign Lunin because of work permit issues beteen UK and Ukraine.

Since Madrid signed him 2 years ago hes been on loan to Leganes (5apps) valladolid (2apps) oviedo (20apps).

He wss in the Ukraine national team before he joined Madrid then last year only 1 appearance.

I think that Rajkovic or Sirigu could be half decent...perhaps we can sell Lossl for a few mil FFP profit and get someone in like that to push Pickford

I watched him play for Leganes last year. Looked commanding, but very raw. I didn't realise where he'd come from, but he caught the eye as most good players do. Big lad too. I think Real may have big hopes for him

Too short for a CB at 6ft and not fast enough to be a premier league left back.

Hed be a good signing if we had a back 3 and we played him at left centre back i think.

Gabriel is a different creature...hed be up there with Richarlison and Digne.
Just a thought with him being a free transfer, didn't know if he could do a job as a rotation player and we sell him on in a couple years for a tidy profit

Don't half get me down the bed wetting shouts you know.

It's not like we have a decent team and only need 1 or 2 players and we are good to go, we literally need a full new squad minus a couple, doesn't match what other teams have done yet, we haven't done anything and going into the new season as it stands we have without doubt one of the worst squads in the whole league

This is the point for me, granted nobody has done much yet but that doesn't matter - we need to do more than them anyway just to catch up. And scraping around the floor of the TK Maxx bargain bin for 36 year olds isn't what I had in mind either.

I think that Rajkovic or Sirigu could be half decent...perhaps we can sell Lossl for a few mil
FFP profit and get someone in like that to push Pickford

Dragowski from Fiorentina is available, possibly on loan or for a few of 13M.

He has had Sasha Ryantsev on his show talking about the finances of the club, why would he go on if there wasn't a little bit of merit to what he says?

Because John blain (The guy who created the show) is the chair of the everton shareholders association and a player sponsor.

What concerns me is we are woeful as a team right now and all the other teams who finished above us will strengthen their teams this summer.
If it is true about the noises coming out of Everton that we will only be making 2/3 signings then next season will be another right off.
Carlo needs to be backed simple, what is the point of him being here when all he is doing is trying to make a team out of the massive mistakes from Walsh/Brands and previous managers

No way can I see Southampton Burnley or Sheffield United spending more net and I can also see Everton probably spending more than both Spurs and Arsenal?

Status
Not open for further replies.