Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been one of the best forwards in the league over the last 3-4 years. He would fit easily into any of the top clubs easily. City included. His season at United was when he was a kid six or seven years ago.

But as I said... Is anyone aware of any other player in that position that would come to us that is better than him?
As I mentioned earlier he’s a mid table ‘superstar’
If he was good enough to play for a top club that’s where he would have been plying his trade for the last two or three seasons.
But he’s at Palace.
Undoubtedly he would come to us because we are his level and he is ours and together all of us will stay exactly where we deserve to be ....mid table.
Let’s see if our scouting system can identify players that are better , cheaper and more suited to our actual needs.
Let’s stop signing ‘nearly players’ and hoping they can overcome their career long inconsistencies just because they pull on a royal blue shirt, because they hardly ever do.

A midfielder, that's what we need in on the first day of preseason a dominating leader in central midfield...

Last edited:
I think there is bit of “Everton is a much bigger club than Palace” and no one could argue that from a historical perspective they are miles bigger.
Currently there is almost parity in league terms although from memory I think we have only finished above Everton once in the past seven seasons (our current run in the EPL).
Zaha and his advisors will be looking for a team that will play in Europe and/or win things. That’s why he wants to leave Palace.Is that Everton at the moment? Maybe in a couple of years if the new manager is backed. Zaha will be almost 30 by then.
My view is that he will go to France or Germany to a club that has qualified for Europe or bolster the squad of a English top 6 team where he won’t play every game but be on more than Palace can pay him.
I’m sure he’s off but he is leaving himself very few options.
If he does become a Blue, I hope he is fantastic for you. Just can’t see it at the moment.

The bigger club thing is difficult. I've been thinking about it a bit. Historically yes, but I'm not sure Everton's chairman and CEO really think so differently. I am also not sure commercially we are different. In terms of potential, I think Everton are probably a fair bit ahead, but as yet unfulfilled.

Zaha may leave for 2 factors really. Firstly Ancelotti over Hodgson. Secondly money. Zaha is very imprressive on his day, but to me at least he's not consistent enough, so it would be a no for me. I do understand why Palace fans would want to keep him too and probably have a different perspective.

How do fans see it? Would you be pleased to see him go, or wanst to keep him at all costs?

He has been one of the best forwards in the league over the last 3-4 years. He would fit easily into any of the top clubs easily. City included. His season at United was when he was a kid six or seven years ago.

But as I said... Is anyone aware of any other player in that position that would come to us that is better than him?

Not getting in ahead of Sterling, Silva, Mahrez.

I think there is bit of “Everton is a much bigger club than Palace” and no one could argue that from a historical perspective they are miles bigger.
Currently there is almost parity in league terms although from memory I think we have only finished above Everton once in the past seven seasons (our current run in the EPL).
Zaha and his advisors will be looking for a team that will play in Europe and/or win things. That’s why he wants to leave Palace.Is that Everton at the moment? Maybe in a couple of years if the new manager is backed. Zaha will be almost 30 by then.
My view is that he will go to France or Germany to a club that has qualified for Europe or bolster the squad of a English top 6 team where he won’t play every game but be on more than Palace can pay him.
I’m sure he’s off but he is leaving himself very few options.
If he does become a Blue, I hope he is fantastic for you. Just can’t see it at the moment.
We aren’t a bigger club than palace mate. Some of our fanbase still haven’t worked out that it’s not the 80’s anymore and we literally haven’t been good for a lot of supporters lifetimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.