Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen this Bolasie v Zaha comparison quite a bit. Part of me thinks it's lazy - based on the fact that they're both pacy wingers from Palace.
Is it fair though?

Some key stats:

PL Appearances:
Zaha - 215
Bolasie - 119

PL Goals:
Zaha - 36 (goals per match 0.17, minutes per goal 472)
Bolasie - 11 (goals per match 0.09, minutes per goal 800)

PL Assists
Zaha - 24 (assists per match 0.11, minutes per assist 708)
Bolasie - 17 (assists per match 0.14, minutes per assist 517)

PL Penalties won (not included in assists stat above)
Zaha - 16
Bolasie - 0

So - I'd say in conclusion:
  1. With Zaha you're buying a more direct goal threat than Bolasie - but Bolasie is marginally better for assists. I don't think it's as simple as saying Zaha is Bolasie mk2 in terms of his strengths
  2. That said, neither of them are players that have amazing stats and I think they're overpriced (ie what we paid for Bolasie and what's being quoted for Zaha) due to being PL players
  3. I'd argue that having spent big on Bolasie I'd probably not be keen to do the same on Zaha at his age. If he was 23 and still had room to improve I'd maybe be more inclined.

He’ll be on the ‘get out of our club’ shelf within 18 months. He’ll be in is 30s taking a wedge of money offering us nothing but frustration. He seriously needs swerving at any price.
He isn't 28 yet.
I am not saying we should sign him but writing off a 27 year old as too old seems a bit drastic. You need to stop reading posts from Zat.

• Haha
Reactions: JLW
Thats why we need some ASAP so not sure why goin back to a type of squad that won none is a viable suggestion to change that?
To be fair I think the post said a Moyes type squad but with more quality. I can see the logic in that. By and large you knew what you were getting from a Moyes squad; they were tight knit, worked hard, everybody knew what their job was, but they lacked that bit of quality to take us to the next level. I would take a hard working side being ‘best of the rest’ every single day over some of the utterly gutless horror shows we’ve seen over the last few years.

To be fair I think the post said a Moyes type squad but with more quality. I can see the logic in that. By and large you knew what you were getting from a Moyes squad; they were tight knit, worked hard, everybody knew what their job was, but they lacked that bit of quality to take us to the next level. I would take a hard working side being ‘best of the rest’ every single day over some of the utterly gutless horror shows we’ve seen over the last few years.
So would I. When he left we were a good striker away from top 4 .

He isn't 28 yet.
I am not saying we should sign him but writing off a 27 year old as too old seems a bit drastic. You need to stop reading posts from Zat.

Ive made favourable posts about Zaha (in a swap), Allan and several other old codgers recently.

I think the Ivanovic link is to mock me so i am close to going back to tipping point.

He isn't 28 yet.
He's also one of the better players outside of the top 6. I don't think we'll sign him as Palace will demand too much but turning our nose up at him, especially after the turd we've had to watch this season is ridiculous

seen the stories of us linked with Ivanovic on a free. I dont think this is a bad move, I know he is 36, but we need strong people in the dressing room and a CB that Holgate and Branthwait can learn from. I think all managers need their voice out on the pitch and in the dressing room I could see Ivanovic doing this

I'd definitely take Brooks, seeing as though he came back strong from the ankle injury.
was not impressed with him at the weekend though. Sweet left foot but i thought we needed more players who show passion. He didnt look like he was fighting for Bournemouth's last chance

Can't take months of Zaha again.

My view is the same as last year - he's overpriced and overrated as a direct consequence of his importance to Crystal Palace.
I think its just a lazy fictional link. I'd be very surprised if we actually had any of the same targets as last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.