Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we’ll have to put that young LB from Marseille on the bench unless there is more money available than is being speculated. RB a problem for me as well. Seamus has good games here and there but has become more inconsistent. JJK I’m not certain of.

What we want to achieve next season is progress. That's there tangible signs of us moving in the right direction.

That's not a short term thing. We need our recruitment strategy to be about optimising funds to acquire layers for the long term. Not the 1st few weeks of a season when are absolute top aim will be qualification for the Europa League.

If it means waiting and getting the players you want at a reasonable price then that's what we should do. It probably won't mean waiting for every signing. It'll be a mix and match approach depending on other external factors.

In my opinion what we shouldn't be doing is panicking early doors in the window and throwing extra money at clubs and players due to some sort of perceived short term need for the 1st few games of the season.

Think as fans we should show some patience and trust in the club rather than demanding the club make signings asap.

That’s a fair and valid point I get that completely. You also have the flip side to that, in that the longer we leave our business the higher the chances of targets that we are interested are going to be approached by other clubs leading to a bidding war which sees us over pay or lose out. Or, we end up with another Sigurdsson scenario, where the clubs of the targets we do want play hard game with there being little time left in the transfer window for themselves to find a replacement so end up overpaying.

Still think we should've kept Robinson for another year, he could've still been sent to Wigan on Loan. The fact Milan fancied him in January suggests he has something, and he's had decent reports from both loans. He is just still learning the game.

Even if Baines had stayed on, it was only a matter of time before he was gone. With the few decent performances he put in, he could obviously come in and do a job, but it was always a fraction of the level it had been before, so it was noticeable. He started the really annoying habit of stopping on the half way line and checking 9/10 passes back to CB or keeper as far back as Martinez 2nd season, and in my opinion, Oviedo had surpassed him in terms of usefulness in that position.

Maybe Gibson can come in and share understudy duties with the young French lad. But I certainly wouldn't be spending any serious money on a Baines replacement.

Can't be a big club if you were formed in 1970
That has to be one of the worst footballing quotes ever. What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.

PSG are a massive club. They're a far bigger club than Everton are at the moment. The size of a club is determined by the here and now not by something that happened decades ago.

Still think we should've kept Robinson for another year, he could've still been sent to Wigan on Loan. The fact Milan fancied him in January suggests he has something, and he's had decent reports from both loans. He is just still learning the game.

Even if Baines had stayed on, it was only a matter of time before he was gone. With the few decent performances he put in, he could obviously come in and do a job, but it was always a fraction of the level it had been before, so it was noticeable. He started the really annoying habit of stopping on the half way line and checking 9/10 passes back to CB or keeper as far back as Martinez 2nd season, and in my opinion, Oviedo had surpassed him in terms of usefulness in that position.

Maybe Gibson can come in and share understudy duties with the young French lad. But I certainly wouldn't be spending any serious money on a Baines replacement.

I must admit I didn't get selling Robinson, I mean maybe he wasn't good enough at that point but at least put a buy back in his contract if we decided he had developed enough..

Status
Not open for further replies.