Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah but thats not really got anything to do with this discussion has it?

It does as it meant the price went up in January. The shorter the deadlines, the higher the fee.

You'll still get players who'll throw the towel in even with the window shutting earlier or later.

...Gojak looks a Gomes clone. I can see us looking at a player who can orchestrate play but Gojak is another who doesn’t look particularly mobile.

It does as it meant the price went up in January. The shorter the deadlines, the higher the fee.

You'll still get players who'll throw the towel in even with the window shutting earlier or later.

But my point is, Liverpool had an unhappy player hardly contributing anything for 6 months, because they werent prepared to sell without being able to replace in the same window.

If all the european leagues had the same deadline then they would have been able to sell and replace immediately.

But my point is, Liverpool had an unhappy player hardly contributing anything for 6 months, because they werent prepared to sell without being able to replace in the same window.

If all the european leagues had the same deadline then they would have been able to sell and replace immediately.

Last I read they were going to scrap the early deadline and sync with the rest of Europe.

This window is stranger than normal, leagues are all over the place and the deadline of October will certainly mean that almost every league in Europe will have played a few games.

It will cause a knock on to next summer with leagues finishing at different times and there's still a Euro and South America International tourneys to stick in.

Basically things will be done on the fly for a year or 2 before I suspect things will sync back to normal.

Agreed. Got some good stats, but Villa fans talk about him holding onto the ball too much and being slow in the pass. We don’t need that. We need fast, quick and strong players in their pace and their passing.
It would help if there were people on their team available for passes. He does hold the ball but they're a hideously bad team at times so it makes it hard.

Last I read they were going to scrap the early deadline and sync with the rest of Europe.

This window is stranger than normal, leagues are all over the place and the deadline of October will certainly mean that almost every league in Europe will have played a few games.

It will cause a knock on to next summer with leagues finishing at different times and there's still a Euro and South America International tourneys to stick in.

Basically things will be done on the fly for a year or 2 before I suspect things will sync back to normal.

Prem clubs voted at the start of the year for the summer window to go back to normal and have the same deadline as other european leagues.

Obviously as you say tho it will be a bit all over the place now with the covid situation

Imagine Brands hadn't of let Silva down/Gbamin didnt . We would have had pace and power. How far away we are now from this. Best of all we might have sold Siggy for £20m+ that summer and we wouldn't have Iwobi. I thought Walcott was bad until I watch that lad!

Pickford

Coleman Mina Zouma Digne

Doucoure Gomes Gbamin

Zaha DCL Richarlison

That team is still finishing like 7th. Gomes isn't much of a regista, Doucoure is well overrated and Gbamin is a massive ? so I really can't say that the midfield is going to take us anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.