Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Jags has a hamstring injury, Stones is off leaving us with very limited options at centre half. No idea how bad Jags' is but I still think we could do with 2 quality centre backs after Stones has been sold.

This. I think we'll see a few injuries early season as the players get used to the new training methods. In my opinion, Martinez didn't work them hard enough and as a result they looked extremely unfit. Injuries in his reign felt like they were on the up and it could only be down to poor conditioning.

For sure we need 4 quality CB's at the club.

Well it looks like the Stones money is coming soon,so maybe next Friday is the actual day of a signing/announcement of incoming players.

Patience my cherubs , Koeman says we need players so we may just see 1 or 2 signings in next few weeks.
My thoughts are Moshirir has a long term plan and is strategic.
I wouldnt think running out and buying players for the sake of it is his style.
Walsh is just appointed and Koeman still assessing so not surprised we arent signing many.

Patience my cherubs , Koeman says we need players so we may just see 1 or 2 signings in next few weeks.
My thoughts are Moshirir has a long term plan and is strategic.
I wouldnt think running out and buying players for the sake of it is his style.
Walsh is just appointed and Koeman still assessing so not surprised we arent signing many.

Many said that this was 'OUR BEST SQUAD SINCE THE 80s' and that the manager was a huge reason as to why we finished 11th. Well, we have a superior manager and no players have left so why the rush and panic to spunk money from those who a few months back declared this a wonderful squad.

Many said that this was 'OUR BEST SQUAD SINCE THE 80s' and that the manager was a huge reason as to why we finished 11th. Well, we have a superior manager and no players have left so why the rush and panic to spunk money from those who a few months back declared this a wonderful squad.
True that. Our current squad should be top 8 comfortably with decent management. Any signing we make should be to push us closer to the top 4. Our opening fixtures are kind anyway, so we can afford to wait until deadline day if we need to.

You might just be right there mate, I think we wont see a great deal in this one myself
I wouldn't mind holding off until there's some decent players on offer. Not overly enthused by the rumoured targets but there's no doubt we need players in...even if it's just to replace those that have moved on.

I say January flippantly as it generally isn't a great window, but I dearly hope that the 100 million available isn't the sum total that Moshiri is putting in. In other words, spend 100 million this window & then it's back to sell to buy. (Just thinking out loud there)

True that. Our current squad should be top 8 comfortably with decent management. Any signing we make should be to push us closer to the top 4. Our opening fixtures are kind anyway, so we can afford to wait until deadline day if we need to.

I do think we need signings, but people are winding themselves up by flapping and sweating over the tiniest bit of news.

The structure is in place. The signings will come.

You might just be right there mate, I think we wont see a great deal in this one myself
We always get fed the same lines every January window...it's a bad time to buy players, they need the summer to settle, prices are inflated etc etc. No significant business will be done there.

Why the heck we haven't bought anybody yet is mind boggling no matter what the transfer apologists on here say. Can't get my head around it. I know there's been big change staff wise but we're three weeks away from the first game. Next week we've got 4 friendlies so will be busy with that, so that's next weeks excuse boxed off.

We're playing with fire. Things get desperate towards the end and you end up bringing in a Niasse. Missed the opportunity to make a statement and to allow players to settle. We should be making a crack at the top 6 this season but we're miles behind at the moment.

I'm remaining very calm over transfers. Remember new investment At clubs like Chelsea and City their first Windows all turned out to be disasters. They bought players they didn't need or where simply not good enough, Smertin at Chelsea and Santa Cruz at city to pick a few. Patience is they key here whilst Koeman/Walsh pick the right players. It'll be worth it in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.