Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butland won't move anywhere in this January transfer window ( which is the theme of this thread )
Vault me if I'm wrong, though hopefully I'll have had chance to edit my posts and any replies if he does

Was talking more about the summer wooly, honestly no decent keeper will be brought in mid season for any club really

Was talking more about the summer wooly, honestly no decent keeper will be brought in mid season for any club really

Problem is mate, no decent keeper will be bought period, unless it is for big sums of money. Either you find the next first team keeper at a young age or find the hidden gem somewhere, ala Navas type quality.

Problem is mate, no decent keeper will be bought period, unless it is for big sums of money. Either you find the next first team keeper at a young age or find the hidden gem somewhere, ala Navas type quality.

That's obvious though mate, we paid 12-13m for McCarthy, 9m for Funes Mori, 28m for Lukaku, and were willing to spend 15m on Yarmolenko, so if we have to pay 15-18m for someone like Butland then we have to pay it, on paper at least it is the obviously biggest area of the squad we can upgrade that would have a noticable impact for us anyway

That's obvious though mate, we paid 12-13m for McCarthy, 9m for Funes Mori, 28m for Lukaku, and were willing to spend 15m on Yarmolenko, so if we have to pay 15-18m for someone like Butland then we have to pay it, on paper at least it is the obviously biggest area of the squad we can upgrade that would have a noticable impact for us anyway

I think Butland would cost more than that though, and to what extent do we think Martinez would consider spending that money out when Howard is half decent? Probably the same circumstance that saw us still have Distin first team last season, just waiting as long as we can before we have to replace said player.

I guess it is the trade off now though if we were after a keeper, sign either a match winner at the back which is boring (Arsenal- Chech) or you go all out to sign your match winner at the other end.

No one would think anything of dropping 15 mill on an attacking player who might take a season to adapt, might be rotated, or could get injured/out of form. 15 mill for a quality first choice keeper though and people shy away? Why? But once, buy quality, and you don't have to buy again for a decade. Identidy the best keeper playing who is not first choice for a champions league team then offer them a fee their club cannot turn down. Don't see why it's so hard. Instead we carry a diabolical keeper in the team in order to save money and take cheap punts at prospects in the hope one comes off. It's the most important position in the team and can hugely affect league position (where would Spurs be with Howard and us with Lloris?) yet people treat it as some optional nice to have. It's the single biggest weakness in the team and we're competing v teams who all have class keepers yet we refuse to address this area that could improve is massively. Get it sorted Everton.

I know quite a few Burnley fans, they all like Heaton, but would all raise their eyebrows and say "really", or words to that effect, if I said I'd like him at Everton. We probably do need to look abroad.

I'm hoping we find some awesome unknown keeper in Germany or Spain and sign him for buttons

There's just as much chance that he'd be awful though

That's the gamble you take

think they'll want more than that for him. we need to look abroad and would fully justify approx. £15m for a new keeper, it's by far our number 1 priority imo. No point in going out and getting a pantilimon with howard being 36, that would leave us with him and robles when howard retires, that's just as bad as our situation now. we're the 3rd highest scorers in the league and who would change any of our first choice back 4? especially with good youngsters coming through in that area.

you see competitors like spurs getting a world class keeper like lloris. That's what we really need if we want to be overly competitive. Look how many point de gea won united last season, he was the reason they got top 4.

I'd like a German keeper (who isn't Stefan Wessels). Read on here (so may be toilet) that they're are some decent young ones over there.
Indeed. Kalius, Horn, Zieler, Fahrmann and maybe even Raeder & Wellenreuther could get straight in our squad at this point. I already said I'd prefer Horn, as he's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.