Everton to visit the USA in the Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alio

They call me Avocado Baby
I'm a thread making machine today...

Yes, that's right, we're going back to the USA!

Is this where Spikeman is from? Someone is I'm sure, good times for you anyway

efc__1300810256_rkk.jpg

http://www.evertonfc.com//news/archive/2011/03/22/capital-date-for-blues?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=Capital+Date+For+Blues

Everton will play a pre-season friendly in the American capital city this summer.

The Blues have today confirmed they will take on the Washington-based DC United on Saturday, July 23.

The friendly will be the first of two games the Toffees hope to play stateside as part of their pre-season schedule.

Oh great. More 'quality' opposition to prepare for another dud start to a season. A few games against Yank no-mark clubs then back to 'fine tune' with a couple of games against Preston and Oldham Athletic.

Oh great. More 'quality' opposition to prepare for another dud start to a season. A few games against Yank no-mark clubs then back to 'fine tune' with a couple of games against Preston and Oldham Athletic.

This, sadly.

*sigh*

Where did Man U have their preseason last year? I am not saying, just saying.....

There aren't that many teams at Man U's level, though. Plus they don't need to build confidence, or test themselves. They're Manchester United. They set the bar.

We on the other hand start slowly every year. We had a good preseason results-wise, as we were playing crap teams. The first good team we played beat us comfortably. I'd rather be losing to Wolfsburg though, than beating some third tier no marks.

Where did Man U have their preseason last year? I am not saying, just saying.....

If you look at the two teams we had in our sights if we were to crack Europe this year you can see their posting of intent:

City - Valencia/Inter Milan/Sporting Lisbon

Spurs - (a US tour as well as---->) Sporting Lisbon/Villareal/Fiorentina/Benfica

Liverpool's pre-season was compromised by their early qualifying rounds for the Europa League, but they still got Kaiserslautern and Borussia Moenchengladbach in.

Liverpool's pre-season was compromised by their early qualifying rounds for the Europa League, but they still got Kaiserslautern and Borussia Moenchengladbach in.

Kaiserslautern are 13th (of 18 teams) in this years Bundesliga, and Moenchengladbach are 18th.

The first good team we played beat us comfortably. I'd rather be losing to Wolfsburg though, than beating some third tier no marks.

Wolfsburg are currently second from bottom in the Bundesliga, we really didn't play any quality teams at all, which makes it all the worse. For the third season in a row we're beginning to hear that we're top of the form table in March, when our season ended in February.

Might not be able to go unfortunatly. Im going to some program at the Univerity of Maryland, but since its on a weekend, I might still be able to if Im allowed to leave.

Ill be there I'm sure. Relative to Merseyside, this game might as well be in my kitchen. It's a shame that the game will be played in an old [American] football stadium, and not one of the many soccer/football specific stadiums that have sprung up recently. Hopefully the second game will be at Red Bull Arena, which is a very nice venue and much closer to me.

Ill be there I'm sure. Relative to Merseyside, this game might as well be in my kitchen. It's a shame that the game will be played in an old [American] football stadium, and not one of the many soccer/football specific stadiums that have sprung up recently. Hopefully the second game will be at Red Bull Arena, which is a very nice venue and much closer to me.

RFK is the closest you can get to Goodison based on the history of the stadium, well for me at least. Everytime I drive by it or walk to it, I get chills thinking of all the Redskins history that took place in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.