Everton - The Unsung Stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggs

Player Valuation: £100m
There are players in our history who might not be widely known but who made a significant contribution to our club. I think it would be fitting to highlight them in their own thread.

I’m nominating John-Willie Parker. He’s not a player I was particularly aware of and certainly not one I ever saw. Dave Hickson was a modest man, not comfortable recalling his playing days but his eyes would open widely and his voice raise with enthusiasm when he told me about John-Willie Parker - “what a player” Dave told me on a number of occasions.

Parker was our leading scorer for 4 straight seasons, playing alongside the higher profile Hickson. He scored 82 goals in 167 games, including 31 in our vital 53/54 promotion season.

507D790E-74AA-4A18-8B6E-DB4BD8DDF143.jpeg

John-Willie Parker, forever one of ours.

Joe Parkinson , thought he did a brilliant job especially in that cup run . The performances in the semi final and final again spurs and United were worthy of his getting a mention in this thread . Also as time went on basically ended his career early by playing again and with injuries to help save the club when he clearly shouldn’t have .

Joe Parkinson , thought he did a brilliant job especially in that cup run . The performances in the semi final and final again spurs and United were worthy of his getting a mention in this thread . Also as time went on basically ended his career early by playing again and with injuries to help save the club when he clearly shouldn’t have .
I endorse this post.

....I’ll also give a mention to Pat van den Hauwe. It’s such a pity he’s got the ‘phsycho’ tag because it disguises what a fantastic player he was for us. He was such a classy defender with a Rolls Royce engine, also comfortable in the attacking third at LB.

Genuinely two-footed, he played almost an entire Championship winning season playing CB, fittingly securing the trophy with a goal at Norwich. Top player.

78ADDFE2-AEB9-414F-8FEC-02529E9FF27A.jpeg

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.