Everton team culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting players with no ambition, content with a good bung and a PL lifestyle.
Our better players are those who see us as a platform to get to better things, unfortunately for them being 'good at Everton' is now seen as still being tainted, such is the rot from the 'world's greatest living Evertonian' and his infected nature.

Pushing for moshiri to get out of the club...and take baxendale with you

6 years and we have gone backwards as a club.
'Professor' Baxendale... What type of narcissistic person gets awarded an honoury visiting professorship and then actually uses the title in the real world.
Same with MBE/OBE/Sir/Lord etc... You can stick your made up titles up your hoop Doctor Denise!

@cjuk87 Summed it up perfectly.

We haven’t done it for years and don’t ever want to dictate the tempo of a game.

Whether it’s United, Chelsea or Watford, we let the side dictate the tempo and play to their style. Typically means we go to places like Old Trafford and play well, cause we’re suited to counter attacking football.

Yet, when your Watford’s, West Brom’s come to town and sit back and wait for their moment we struggle.

Likewise, the Wolves game and Watford game were the big ones for me, I watched Watford go behind, and then they fought for their side and got back into it, when we had to respond, our players didn’t want it.
Same with Wolves, let off with a VAR decision that should have been the rocket to change the momentum, instead we regressed even further.

Blame a manager all you want but these players and the core of the squad are perennial losers and as long as they’re receiving a cheque at the end of the month, they’re happy.

Recruiting players with no ambition, content with a good bung and a PL lifestyle.
Our better players are those who see us as a platform to get to better things, unfortunately for them being 'good at Everton' is now seen as still being tainted, such is the rot from the 'world's greatest living Evertonian' and his infected nature.

I don’t think it’s genuinely anything to do with Everton being tainted, it’s what you’ve stated at the start.

You ask a footballer what they want now, and the majority won’t say trophies, the majority won’t say “success”, because so many footballers nowadays see “Success” as just being being in the Premier League.

Look at players like Keane, like Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Gomes, Davies, Tosun, I could go on… they know full well that they’re never winning a Premier League, and when you lose the hope, the hunger, the reality is we’ll never go very far.

Everton through the years have built their teams on fight, Kendall, Royle etc.. there have always been hunger when at our lowest.

You look at the squad and realise the vast majority have reached as high as they will go, with the exception of Pickford maybe, DCL, Richarlison, there are none that will move to a bigger club and pick up wages like they get here, so there is no real incentive to improve, compete, or excel, perform average and you will get awarded a 3/5 year contract so theres no real pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.