Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Van De Beek, I think he’s a good player who would do well with game time in the premier league but he’s not what we needed at all.
And yes, Dutch players like De Ligt, Depay, F De Jong, Wijnaldum and old one leg across the park are good enough for the premier league.
I’d have also said potentially Gravenback, Koopmeiners, Promes, De Roon, Strootman maybe, though the first two are young so who knows and the last three probably missed their opportunity

The league they're in is woeful.

The modern Ajax are terrible in European turns. That team with Van der beek in rode their luck. FFS, that pony Spurs team made it past them to the final!

Pretty sure that same season we lost home and away to spurs, the 4th best team in the PL...

... plus, champs league semi. plus regularly making it to the advanced stages of europe.

... Plus actually 4 European cups won.

If you think Ajax are a step down from the PL (Norwich or Burnley) then you also think Everton are a smaller team than Leicester, Leeds, Burnley... applying consistent logic.

but I know you don't do that, because you tie yourself up in knots regularly.

Pretty sure that same season we lost home and away to spurs, the 4th best team in the PL...

... plus, champs league semi. plus regularly making it to the advanced stages of europe.

If you think Ajax are a step down from the PL (Norwich or Burnley) then you also think Everton are a smaller team than Leicester, Leeds, Burnley... applying consistent logic.

@davek believes that historical success is very important in determining Everton's status as a club but that it is completely irrelevant for any club outside the PL. He has been quite consistent with this inconsistency!

Like Begovic, Lonergan, Townsend and Rondon? #ontheirwayup
Difference being with the exception of Bergovic (Chelsea & Milan) be we will be the biggest* clubs they have played for.
Prime 25y/o Utd reject looking down his nose is slightly different imho, Donny VdB would only be gracing us with his presence as a guaranteed starter. Even Townsend has been vocal in acknowledging he’s come expecting a fight to play (not that he’s got much competition!)
My issue is making those sort of comments in public, any reasonable fan knows Utd are in a different place to us, but I could do without his plant pot agent making comments like that.

@davek believes that historical success is very important in determining Everton's status as a club but that it is completely irrelevant for any club outside the PL. He has been quite consistent with this inconsistency!
Here's another one completely tilting at windmills.

If Everton were in the Dutch league I'd say precisely that: that it was pony. But the PL we are in means that any step into it by a Dutch player is a step up....to ANY of those clubs, such is the giant leap in competition.

Unreal the amount of Everton supporters getting behind some Dutch nobhead's statement diminishing their own club.

Jesus wept. Make it stop.

Here's another one completely tilting at windmills.

If Everton were in the Dutch league I'd say precisely that: that it was pony. But the PL we are in means that any step into it by a Dutch player is a step up....to ANY of those clubs, such is the giant leap in competition.

Unreal the amount of Everton supporters getting behind some Dutch nobhead's statement diminishing their own club.
As you say, its unreal that anybody would take *checks notes "some Dutch nobhead's statement"

klunge.jpg

michae-jackson-moon-walk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.