Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well of course.

But playing for United is a step up above playing for Everton and there's nothing wrong with us as fans acknowledging that.
But if he's a poor player from a poor league you dont talk in terms of stepping below or stepping above. You just dont get that right.

I’m sure Real were at one point after VDB for like 50mil before he went to United. There must be a player in there for these transfers to happen or be considered but I can’t see what type of player he is. We are not the place he’d be given a run of 10 games in the starting XI. He’d be the replacement for Gomes as ‘first choice sub’ at best, Doucoure and Allan have the midfield locked. Even Tom would be preferred as the defensive mid cover considering the job he did last season.

He's Davy Klaassen mark II mate

Suits a certain system but don't think he'd suit what we need.

He's a bit of a jack of all trades but isn't a great passer, isn't quick, isn't skillful, doesn't cover loads of ground defensively.

Not saying he's a bad player, I just don't see a skillset he'd have brought which would have helped us.
100% agree with this.

Brands and Moshiri were trying to set up a deal for beek on a Monday evening but came away empty handed.

Unlucky lads.

It seems like the Dutch league is fairly weak. Not many have come over to the PL and been successful in recent years.

Bullet dodged.

For any Dutch player, playing for a PL club is a step up. They are utter 'kin pony from a pony arse league.

We would kill for Dutch players of this quality in our team.

Van Nistelroy
Marc Overmars
Ruud Gullitt
Edwin van der Sar
Robin van Persie
Giovanni van Bronckhorst
Dennis Bergkamp
Jaap Stam
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank
Arjen Robben

It is for " some " Dutch players Dave, but not all of them.

“Donny talked with his father and his father in law. They agreed to take a step down in his career while knowing he could play every week. They don’t have a ’10’ over there with both James [Rodriguez] & [Gylfi] Sigurdsson having problems. The package was complete and everything was looking good.”

Typically blunt Dutch comments there. Glad he didn’t come if they are happy to put those thoughts on coming to Everton in public. Being totally objective I can’t see why they would say that privately but keep it to yourself ffs.
I mean taking emotion out of it, he's not exactly wrong in what he's saying... We'd be the smallest club he'd played for.

but talk about ways to get a fan base to hate you lol

Status
Not open for further replies.