Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
United clearly targeted and it worked. Maybe the goals aren't James fault only but the system was binned because of that hole in it and I'm not sure it is patched up.

We'll find out how James is used. If he plays central then it won't be about pressing as such though he did press for us when we played Spurs at home (though think that was more down to how bad Spurs are)

Look, he's here now, staying, so let's enjoy him while he's here in whatever capacity, ey?

We've got Gray and Richarlison and Iwobi looking sharp. We've got a genuine amazing player on our books. Let's use him and not blame him for our recruitment team not doing the rest of their jobs.

There's my point.

In either case, my money says he never plays wide for Benitez.

Fair enough. My idea of a 4-3-3 is narrow forwards and he could drop in with Gray/Rich on the other side to stretch the game.

It does need an athletic midfield three - so would only really work if Gbamin is fit.

Again though, football systems and formations should be horses for courses, shouldn't they.

The premise of a director of football is Perfect to for Everton. Someone who controls the signings and transfers of a club to lead then through regardless of the manager.

but Everton hired someone who is completely incompetent or hamstrung to hire the whims of 12 month managers
Yeah perhaps your are right, we’ve actually had 2 poor ones Walsh and brands.

We'll find out how James is used. If he plays central then it won't be about pressing as such though he did press for us when we played Spurs at home (though think that was more down to how bad Spurs are)

Look, he's here now, staying, so let's enjoy him while he's here in whatever capacity, ey?

We've got Gray and Richarlison and Iwobi looking sharp. We've got a genuine amazing player on our books. Let's use him and not blame him for our recruitment team not doing the rest of their jobs.
The question I'm asking is really more how should we use him and the answer I'm coming to at the minute is to change games off the bench or maybe start against a Burnley who are going to concede the possession battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.