Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling Richarlison will be moved onto the right tbh he looked much better at RW under Silva and plays there for Brazil.

McNeil and Digne could be a good partnership if they over lap etc - I think we become too predictable when the only means of attack is give it Digne to whip in - having that player overlapping can have the opposition 2nd guessing.

Who knows though although I think with the Echo, Joyce and Athletic all mentioning him a target there seems to be something in it.
Interesting points you raise there mate. I don't recall Richy playing on the right for us much / at all, but maybe I've just forgotten! I was under the impression he plays CF for Brazil though - I don't watch international football because it bores me senseless, so if that's not correct then mea culpa.

Hopefully Brands is doing some proper cloak and dagger stuff of which the media are completely unaware.... the rumours peddled by the Echo, Joyce and the Athletic (and just about every other outlet) are JUST waffle designed to attract clicks, because clicks = money. They might be right about some things, but it's only going to be by accident or sheer luck.

Be easier if you just did.
son-dont-make-me-come-over-there-and-kill-you-with-this-paper.jpg

I said the same about McNeil this morning.

If he plays on the left we may limit Digne.
If he plays on the right then he'll drift inside like James.

If we need pace then he doesnt bring that to the table...neither does James.

The only logic i can see is if we were to keep James and have him rotating with McNeil on the right. Then it makes alot of sense.

We'd still need a quick right back to make the overlap as well.

If we move James on and signed McNeil then its a downgrade.
Emerson not even in Barca squad last night nor Moriba(dont know if genuine reason for absence) i know Moriba refusing new contract 11mths left only. We should be all over a deal for these. Moonhead finally put his arrogance aside and brought Puig on and he scored within 10mins sholdve grabbed him last year when Koeman wouldnt give him minutes.

I said the same about McNeil this morning.

If he plays on the left we may limit Digne.
If he plays on the right then he'll drift inside like James.

If we need pace then he doesnt bring that to the table...neither does James.

The only logic i can see is if we were to keep James and have him rotating with McNeil on the right. Then it makes alot of sense.

We'd still need a quick right back to make the overlap as well.

If we move James on and signed McNeil then its a downgrade.

….I’m probably the one who has gone on about our lack of pace more than anybody else. It’s an element that’s missing in key areas of the pitch, but it can be overridden by quality if that quality is top drawer.

I’m faster now than Kevin Sheedy was in 1985 yet what a player he was. Johnny Morrissey wasn’t lightening, but delivered constant threat from wide position. It’s that threat from a creation and goalscoring perspective that’s the key requirement.

Its also blend & forming partnership with your full back. I actually think Digne offers more threat with somebody ahead of him.

i don’t have an opinion on McNeil, I admit to not knowing lots about him.

Barcelona are having trouble moving a list of players too, and for the same reason. The problem is that clubs who could afford to buy them at the prices we want don't want them.

I thought Kurt Zouma would improve us but West Ham looking like they will tie him up.

Leon Bailey, would massively improve our wide options, Villa tying that one up.

Are we trying to sign anyone else? No one can second guess this club, I for one would not have thought they would lower their sights to sign a 30 year old Andros Townsend who will ultimately be bench fodder taking up wages and not helping in terms of FFP. Damarai Gray is a massive gamble as all his old clubs have let him go for next to nothing, you gotta ask why! Could be another player sat on a long contract and strangling any moves in the transfer market. Begovic is back up no matter what he says, bench fodder.

I`m not sure we will see any players that will improve us in this window, it should be clear to everyone we can not spend.

IF Brands fails to get a RB or we have to settle for Kenny then he needs volleying back to the Netherlands, the bloke is useless.....

Interesting points you raise there mate. I don't recall Richy playing on the right for us much / at all, but maybe I've just forgotten! I was under the impression he plays CF for Brazil though - I don't watch international football because it bores me senseless, so if that's not correct then mea culpa.

Hopefully Brands is doing some proper cloak and dagger stuff of which the media are completely unaware.... the rumours peddled by the Echo, Joyce and the Athletic (and just about every other outlet) are JUST waffle designed to attract clicks, because clicks = money. They might be right about some things, but it's only going to be by accident or sheer luck.

Think he plays across the front 3 mate but think he suits RW more. He started off at LW for us then for a period moved to RW when Benard was on the left and obviously went through the middle for a while.

I would say as he's adaptable it means we can sign either a LW or RW as Richy can play the opposite side.

I thought Kurt Zouma would improve us but West Ham looking like they will tie him up.

Are we trying to sign anyone else? No one can second guess this club, I for one would not have thought they would lower their sights to sign a 30 year old Andros Townsend who will ultimately be bench fodder taking up wages and not helping in terms of FFP. Damarai Gray is a massive gamble as all his old clubs have let him go for next to nothing, you gotta ask why! Could be another player sat on a long contract and strangling any moves in the transfer market. Begovic is back up no matter what he says, bench fodder.

I`m not sure we will see any players that will improve us in this window, it should be clear to everyone we can not spend.

IF Brands fails to get a RB or we have to settle for Kenny then he needs volleying back to the Netherlands, the bloke is useless.....

If there is no money currently to sign anyone though, it's going to be hard for Brands to complete signings.

Hmm might be agreeing we should keep him then.

I'd love him more than that but just doesn't seem possible. What I said from the beginning is we need to have someone in his position that can play more minutes so he's rotated out better. He's that good we should be winning games by like 50/60 minutes and then he can be taken off.

Townsend is on a two year deal. Gray has a three year deal. Begovic has a one year contract. All listed on transfermarkt.

Townsend was free. Begovic was free. Gray cost less than £2m. I was banging the drum for Olise at £8m, and I feel that Gray at £2m is certainly no more of a gamble (would still like to have seen Olise, but that's irrelevant now).

Are they sensational players who will transform us on the field? No. Do they help solve some FFP-related problems? Yes, absolutely. I'd argue the contract lengths show that some lessons have been learned in the Club's finance department.

I wish Jennifer Lawrence would storm into my house naked and say "Hey MrTW drop that religious nonsense and take me roughly from behind".
More chance of that happening than shifting Tosun on my son.

God bless.
In fairness old bean, if it increases the chance of your wish being granted I will grudgingly accept Tosun staying for longer. Would be nice to see a fierce bumming being taken by an entity OTHER than our beloved club.

I pray that your carnal desires are fulfilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.