Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all accounts, we are paying Benitez, a manager with no other offers bear in mind, a similar wage to the wage we were paying Ancelotti. Crazy.

Dunno, saw most reports stating it was a fair bit less?

Tbf, Ancelotti had no other offers either. There's a theme...

I reckon a few will leave this week . Suspect maybe more in hope than anything that Delph leaves .. still have a inkling Richy will leave before 31/08 . Jamez if reports are to be believed doesn’t fit into Rafael’s plans and may be off . Think the style of football we will see this season will be more running / covering the ground . Won’t be pretty at times but I think we’ll do ok . Richy leaves in 12 months time I reckon regardless so with him burning up the olympics is his price now higher than it’ll ever be in 12 months time ?? With Verane on way to UTD Madrid now has some money ? Will it happen … who knows but not beyond realms of possibility

Gylfi 8.9 mill
Delph 3.6 mill
Iwobi 21.4

Are the book prices. Tosun coming in at 4mill.

Also people are calculating any savings wrong, it’s not just saving on wages it’s also amortisation from the books.

For example the cost to the club per annum in wages and amortisation:

Walcott: 9.61mill
Bolaise: 8.85
Bernard: 6.24 mill (wages only)

Thats the guts on 25 mill a year on those 3 players alone in the accounts.

How have you got those book prices? Have you taken the max figure incl all clauses?

It’s dreadful, we signed him for more then 28 mill btw, 34 million. He costs us 10.96 mill a year.

£28mil rising to £34mil on clauses which hopefully include winning the league.

Incredibly awful signing. Of the current crop Gomes comes in at 10.5 mill a year, Mina 11.9 mill Gylfi 14.10 mill.

Incredible when you sit down and go through the players who shouldnt be around the matchday squad if we want to aim for top 6.

The wages are amazing. There must surely be players we can do deals on to leave.

It certainly would be if we didnt sign Bolasie

There was alot of fanfare on here when we signed him...

@MikelsGoat was championing him and taught me what "fam" meant at the time.

Another of @MikelsGoat favourites is of course Gomes and notable Delph seemed a good signing to him.

On an even darker note, what a dreadfully boring and depressing summer window this is.

How have you got those book prices? Have you taken the max figure incl all clauses?

£28mil rising to £34mil on clauses which hopefully include winning the league.

Incredible when you sit down and go through the players who shouldnt be around the matchday squad if we want to aim for top 6.

The wages are amazing. There must surely be players we can do deals on to leave.

There was alot of fanfare on here when we signed him...

@MikelsGoat was championing him and taught me what "fam" meant at the time.

Another of @MikelsGoat favourites is of course Gomes and notable Delph seemed a good signing to him.

On an even darker note, what a dreadfully boring and depressing summer window this is.
I didnt tho did I?

bola.jpg

bola2.jpg

You tho, you rated him.
hahahahahaahahha.jpg

Last edited:
we are totally hamstrung in terms of spending, i bet our window is basically over

and regardless, between Ancelotti leaving, appointing an RS legend and worse off all the thing we cant talk about

this has been an miserable off season
Benitez must be a total masochist if he’s signed up to have a transfer warchest of £1.5m. He’s going to cop for shedloads of abuse at a very toxic goodison as we meander to mid-table unless there’s some serious investment on the right hand side at least (I was hoping for a pacey left footed centre half so we could play a higher line but I’m in la-la land with that dream it seems).

Assume the top brass thought they’d have sold kean by now to finance the transfer window but PSG were making noises re another loan months ago.

The recruitment team needs take a long hard look at itself - we’ve spent bucket loads in recent times and some of this dross we can’t even give away despite spending what would be close to other teams transfer records on some of them - very sobering.

Status
Not open for further replies.